How did it get to be past midnight? Where did the time go? I have to wake up in less than 8 hours for Rafole! Yep, Rafa will play Djokovic in the semis of the WTF at 2 PM London time. Rest up and be with colm.
- Nadal Survives Ferrer, Seals 3-0 Group Campaign – via atpworldtour.com
- Wawrinka to face Federer, Nadal to play Djokovic in London semifinals – by Nic Atkin (espn.co.uk)
“Against Novak, I know what I have to do. But be very difficult to make it. Is a big challenge. But I am not worried about it. I am happy about the things, how are going.
“I cannot go crazy. I cannot go on the court and thinking that I have to do something that I cannot do it. I going to try to play my game. I going to try to play aggressive. I going to try to be strong mentally.”
- After Unusual Stumbles, Rafael Nadal’s Year Ends in Hope – by Douglas Robson (nytimes.com)
“The best tactic possible is play very, very well,” Nadal said. “Let’s see tomorrow if I am able to win more games.”
If he cannot solve Djokovic, Nadal will return to the practice court for answers. He is not allowing himself much downtime during the off-season.
“I don’t deserve vacation this year,” he said with a grin.
- ATP World Tour Finals: ‘Positive’ Rafael Nadal cannot wait for next season but still hopes to catch Novak Djokovic out – by Paul Newman (independent.co.uk)
“I am well,” Nadal said. “When you are coming after a tough period, when you feel you are better, you breathe better. You feel fresh. In terms of motivation for me, it’s great to see myself competing against the best already and competing well. That’s a lot of positive energy for me.”
- Rafael Nadal beats David Ferrer at ATP World Tour Finals – via skysports.com
- Rafael Nadal v David Ferrer: ATP World Tour Finals – as it happened – via theguardian.com
- Fall season has been the balm for a wounded Rafael Nadal – by Sudeshna Banerjee (sportskeeda.com)
- And Then There Were Four – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- London Blockbusters Preview: Djokovic v Nadal; Federer v Wawrinka – via atpworldtour.com