There will be live streams from the WTF practice court on Sunday. Rafa’s scheduled for 1 PM local time (he has two blocks booked). Check out the stream.
- Nadal Targets Unfinished Business – via atpworldtour.com
“If you work there is always a solution and if finally there is not a solution, the most important thing is be satisfied that you really tried,” Nadal said. “Every time I come here I arrive with motivation to try my best. This year is not an exception even if it was not an ideal season for me. I’m here to keep fighting as I did the last tournaments and I had the motivation to do it.”
- One Small Rankings Point Feels Like a Giant Leap, When It Is the First – by Christopher Clarey (nytimes.com)
Nadal remembers it well, but the more vivid memory is what happened a week earlier, when he played his first pro tournament and lost to another Spaniard, the 731st-ranked Guillermo Platel, in three sets in the first round of a Futures in Madrid.
“I lost, I think, with three match points, and that was very tough,” he said. “But what made it a particularly tragic day came after, when just in the moment I left the court after losing my first point, there was the news about the twin towers. It was a day that was impossible to forget for humanity in general.”
- Following athletics scandals, Federer, Murray, Nadal call for increased anti-doping efforts in tennis – by Kamakshi Tandon (tennis.com)
“Will be great if one day the anti-doping that we do is 100 percent public?” said the Spaniard. “I don’t care if we have to put prize money, fine for me.”
Nadal joined the call for measures to maintain a secure program. “Without being arrogant, it’s a rich sport, we have a very healthy sport, the people who run the sport need to be sure sport is clean,” he added. “Players need to be sure and confident with people who run the sport to be 100 percent clean in the right way.”
- Pat Cash: I would help Rafael Nadal, but nobody has asked me – via gulfnews.com
“Yeah, I know what’s wrong.
“But nobody has asked me. But I’m a real stickler with technique. I’ve broken it [his technique] down and I know what he does. But I’m not going to tell you or anybody else.”
Says the man Rafa beat when he was just 14 ;)
- Rafael Nadal and Stan Wawrinka on course for MWTC final showdown after draw at Yas Mall – via thenational.ae
The winner of the Ferrer-Tsonga contest will take on Nadal for a place in the final, with Wawrinka awaiting the outcome of the Anderson-Raonic match.
- Pre-tournament presser excerpt
- Behind The Scenes On Media Day At The O2
- Stars Practice Hard With Two Days To Go
- During and after practice
- Barclays ATP World Tour Final 2015 Launch
- David Ferrer and Rafael Nadal Training for the ATP World Tour Finals
- iB3 report on the WTF draw.
- There’s some Rafa in this Shanghai set on flickr.
Rafa does social media:
Je suis anéanti par ce qu'il s'est passé hier soir à Paris. Toute mon affection et tout mon soutien à la France et aux Parisiens.
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) November 14, 2015
I’ve spent a day trying to figure out what to say about what happened in Paris, and I can’t. There aren’t any words. Rafa does a pretty good job, though.
Social media related to Rafa:
- How London’s O2 Arena is transformed for ATP World Tour Finals – by Tim Newcomb (si.com)