(Yes, I know…I should have posted this the other day…I’m behind.)
Rafa’s speech at the Basel trophy ceremony:
Post final presser:
Both posted by rafanadal-kingoftennis.ru/
- Federer Denies Nadal For Seventh Basel Crown – via atpworldtour.com
“My goal is to get back to my level and be competitive against the top players again and today I was very competitive against one of the best players in the world,” said Nadal. “The match wasn’t far away from me. He played well and I played well too. The match was very close to win, but I think he served very well in the third. I want to congratulate him for the victory and I had a lot of quality things in my game and mental side to take away from the week.”
- A Rivalry Renewed – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
“Buckle your seat belts,” Annacone had said at the start, as Nadal walked up to the baseline to serve the opening point to Federer. This was the first time the two had played in Switzerland, and the match began with a festive, anticipatory air that never dissipated. The Beatles were finally back together, and their performance didn’t disappoint. Even better, you get the feeling, for the first time in a long time, that there could be many more to come.
- Brain Game: Federer’s Net Assault Pivotal In Thwarting Nadal – by Craig O’Shannessy (atpworldtour.com)
- Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal: Swiss Indoors final – as it happened – via theguardian.com
- Is Rafael Nadal, Despite His Loss To Roger Federer, Posed For A 2016 Comeback? – by Josh Katzowitz (forbes.com)
- Why Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal, even at this late stage, remains tennis’ greatest spectacle – by Douglas Perry (oregonlive,com)
- Nadal: the winner of hearts – via swissindoorsbasel.ch
- «Das ist fantastisch» – via tagesanzeiger.ch (includes presser video) Here’s the mangle.
- Sorry Novak Djokovic, but Roger Federer v Rafa Nadal matches take tennis to a different plain – by Ahmed Rizvi (thenational.ae)
- «2016 wird Rafa wieder top sein» – Interview with Toni in the tagesanzeiger.ch. Most interesting parts: he missed the first interview appointment because Rafa wanted him to play video games; the description of the consequences of the special inserts Rafa has to wear in his shoes – they shift his weight from the inside of his feet to the outside – which causes problems with knee, hip and back. (mangle)
- Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer handed medals to ballboys in Basel
- Nadals Schmerz im Knie – post semi presser excerpt
- Marianne Bevis has added photos from the final to her Basel set.