Rafa will play his first match in Shanghai against Karlovic at 8pm local time.
Rafa and Verdasco have withdrawn from the doubles competition. The reason cited was an injury for Verdasco.
Posted by rafanadal-kingoftennis.ru/.
Genny did some translating for us:
— Genny SS (@genny_ss) October 13, 2015
- Rafael Nadal and Rod Laver launch Australian Open 2016 in Shanghai – via ausopen.com
“Every year I look forward to play in Melbourne, I have great memories of not only winning the title but each year is a great experience for me as a player,” Nadal said.
“It’s fantastic to play at the ‘Happy Slam’ and for us, it’s true – we love to play the Australian Open and we’re always happy to be there. It’s exciting to launch the event here in Shanghai. Tennis has become so popular in Asia and it’s great to share our sport of tennis with all our fans.”
- Rafael Nadal says he fought through ‘not having control of my nerves or emotion’ – via thenational.ae
“Sometimes I recover from injuries. This time what I had, with my not having the control of my nerves or my emotion, is like coming back from an injury, too,” he told reporters.
“It’s not a physical injury, but it’s a mental injury. And this for me is another challenge.”
- La Nadal Academy entre dans la dernière ligne droite – by Carol Bouchard (huffingtonpost.fr) (mangle)
- Rafael Nadal Exits Team SportStars; Focus on Neymar Jr. And Ronaldo – by Giovanni Angioni (pokernews.com)
- Rafael Nadal volverá a jugar en febrero en Buenos Aires – via lanacion.com.ar (mangle)
- Rafael Nadal To Play Golden Swing In 2016 – via vavel.com
- The Tennis Podcast: Alex Corretja reveals what it was like to coach Andy Murray – via telegraph.co.uk
Corretja also talks about his first practice session with a 16-year-old Rafael Nadal, and how the younger man arrived on-court in a T-shirt during winter, while Corretja was wrapped up in coat and scarf.
- Nadal vs Djokovic, China Open 2015 (finale), highlights
- Rod Laver & Rafael Nadal Launch Australian Open 2016 in Shanghai
- Nadal happy with improved form
- Practice footage (Shanghai) I wonder what the yelling was about at the beginning? And those are quite animated conversations.
- Rafael Nadal Practice & press conf. in Shanghai
- Someone nabbed and uploaded the Periscope of the AO event
Rafa does social media:
From Beijing to Shanghai… Ni Hao!! pic.twitter.com/hPCqbYP61b
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) October 12, 2015
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) October 13, 2015