Weee! Finished this before Rafa’s semifinal against Fabio. Whew. It’s just about 30 minutes away.
- Nadal Looks To Right Wrongs Against Fognini – via atpworldtour.com
“I think the first set I was not playing very bad, but I was playing three metres behind the baseline,” Nadal said. “So he was playing with a lot of time, plenty of time to do whatever he wanted with the ball. I think I analysed that well at the right time. I was a little bit closer to the baseline later without losing the court, so he didn’t have all that time to hit his forehand every single time. That was the key, in my opinion, the position on court. I changed that.”
- Nadal survives Sock to reach semifinals – via chinaopen.com.cn
- Nadal is determined to stay calm, motivated despite the storm of 2015 – by Carol Bouchard (si.com)
- Rafael Nadal outlasts Jack Sock to reach China Open semifinals – AP via usatoday.com
- October Surprises – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
Is he just getting older? Is the game evolving? Those two things are inevitable. Or can he, as Toni maintains, rise again with his old game? History says yes. But the recent history of tennis also says that change is good, even for veterans in their 30s. Rafa need only look at Federer’s work with Stefan Edberg, and Serena’s work with Patrick Mouratoglou, to know that you can teach an old champ new tricks.
- Nadal Battles Back to Defeat Sock in Beijing – by Chris Oddo (tennisnow.com)
- Moya, Corretja Back Nadal To Come Back Stronger – via atpchampionstour.com
- Nadal enter Men’s semi-finals – via chinaopen.com.cn
Rafa does social media:
Con mis amigos de Cosentino! pic.twitter.com/eOwxxeHv4w
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) October 8, 2015
Social media related to Rafa:
- Is China Tennis’ Next Frontier? – via atpworldtour.com