Ready for Rafa in Cincy? Let’s hope he is. He’ll play his first match Wednesday (against Chardy) not before 8:30pm.
- Nadal Ready To Roll In Cincy – via atpworldtour.com
- 2013 champ Rafael Nadal returns to W&S Open – by Shannon Russell (cincinnati.com)
“Obviously the second part of the season is a little bit more difficult for me than the first part. You don’t have clay out there. But for me more than results or finishing with the feeling that I did things better, that I feel like I was improving on my game on this last part of the season, (it) would be important for me to finish the season with a better feeling than when I start(ed),” Nadal said.
- Determined Nadal Ready to Work for Wins in Cincinnati – by Chris Oddo (tennisnow.com)
“I know that the work, when you are coming from a bad moment the work is tripled,” Nadal said. “There is much more mental and tennis work than when you are in a normal situation, when you are in a good dynamic situation. So that’s what I am accepting and doing, working more than ever to try and change the dynamic and to try to feel myself more confident and more comfortable on court. I am doing the right things and when somebody is doing everything possible the only thing you can do is keep doing the same and wait for opportunities and wait for better moments and that’s what I am doing.”
- Rafa Nadal wants to reignite his season in Cincinnati – via skysports.com
- Nadal hopes to finish tough season on a high note – AP via tennis.com
- Reshuffling the Deck – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
1. Can Nadal, who was soundly beaten by Nishikori in Montreal, make it to a quarterfinal showdown with Federer? He starts against either Jeremy Chardy or Rajeev Ram, and then is slated to play Milos Raonic. The Canadian beat Nadal for the first time at Indian Wells in the spring, but may still be feeling the effects of leg surgery from earlier in the year.
2. Can Federer, who has had a much better season than Nadal, break his five-match losing streak to Rafa? Four of those meetings have come on hard courts.
- Rafael Nadal playing as if he ‘feels like his career is over’ says Sampras, but ‘he’ll be fine’ – via thenational.ae
- Rafa Meets Fans In Cincinnati
- Short Cincy presser excerpt
- Short practice vid
- Rafa/Tsonga practice in Cincy. Looks like this was nabbed from the Cincy practice court live stream
- Nadal vs Nishikori highlights
Rafa does social media:
Instalaciones – Rafa Nadal Academy http://t.co/EY0DEIbriA
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) August 17, 2015
Social media related to Rafa:
- Mardy Fish’s Match With Anxiety – by Tom Perrotta (wsj.com)
Anxiety disorders affect an estimated 18% of American adults, according to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. “There’s a stigma associated with any mental-health issue,” said Mark Pollack, the association’s president and chairman of the psychiatry department at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. “It’s something that people still feel embarrassed to talk about, or see it as a moral failing or weakness.”
Fish wants to change that. This is his story.