Rafa will play Verdasco in a match that follows one scheduled for not before 1:30pm Hamburg time on Tuesday.
Also, as an FYI, I can’t promise how much time I’ll have for posting this week. I’m going to be going straight from work to World Team Tennis matches Tue-Thu and then staying up all night processing my photos (well, I’m averaging 4am) before heading back into work the next day. Fun!
- Week in Preview: Hamburg, Atlanta, Gstaad, Baku – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
All eyes, of course, will be on Rafa, as he attempts to find his forehand, boost his ranking, and build some momentum before traveling to North America next month. Nadal will have to be ready right away; his opening-round opponent is Fernando Verdasco, who beat him earlier this year in Miami.
- Rafael Nadal’s quest for faith and form continues at Hamburg Open – by Les Roopanarine (theguardian.com)
Yet, however remote Nadal’s chances of claiming a third US Open crown come the second Sunday in September, the speed with which he has been dismissed in some quarters remains astonishing. From carving a niche in tennis history at a time when Federer was bestriding the world like the proverbial colossus, to rebounding from the loss of three successive major finals to Djokovic between Wimbledon 2011 and the following year’s Australian Open – a psychological blow from which a lesser competitor might never have recovered – the Spaniard has answered every question asked of him in his career. Whatever the outcome of his week’s work in Hamburg, it would be foolhardy to write him off.
- Rafa Returns To Hamburg, Summer Hard-Court Swing Begins – via atpworldtour.com
Nadal is looking to extend his streak of having won at least one European clay court title every year since 2004 when he captured his maiden ATP World Tour crown in Sopot.
- ATP-Hamburg: Was der Start über die psychische Verfassung von Rafael Nadal verrät – via insideout-tennis.de (mangle)
- Flashback: 2003 Interview with Rafa
- More from 2003 – I’ve linked to this before, but Ines tweeted this today and I still love that, “MY TROPHY” walk away move.
- There’s some Rafa at Roland Garros in this flickr set.
Rafa does social media:
Seguimos entrenando en Hamburgo… Verano o Invierno?? ;) Practicing in Hamburg… Is it summer or winter?? ;) pic.twitter.com/S2dqnK9krO
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) July 27, 2015
Social media related to Rafa:
- Monaco Reports Behind The Scenes At Bastad Player Party – “Rafa takes 90% of the courts.” (Pico on playing doubles with Rafa.)