Rafa plays Brown 3rd on Center Court tomorrow (play starts at 1pm). Guess it’s a good thing he’s scheduled on that court since there’s a possibility of rain in the forecast.
- Rafael Nadal and Dustin Brown second round preview with Heather Watson – via telegraph.co.uk
It will be an interesting clash of styles. On the one hand you have Dustin, who likes to serve big and then race to the net – even on second serves – against Rafa, who is more a builder of points but with big weapons off the ground.
- Rafael Nadal: No-coaching rule during matches absurd – by Reem Abulleil (sport360.com)
“At the end, I’m going to be very frank with you. I don’t know what the story is (with Becker), but that rule of not being able to talk during the match, we all try to comply by it because it is a rule. But it’s an old regulation. It was logical many years ago because some players had coaches, and others didn’t, so this was protection for those who didn’t have coaches,” explained Nadal.
“But now everybody has a coach so today I don’t see any player in this circuit who doesn’t have a coach so it’s rather absurd that everyone pays for a coach to help him and then when you need him the most you can’t talk to him. But rules are rules. But if you ask me my opinion, I’ve given you my opinion now.”
- It’s all about family for Federer and Nadal – by Reem Abulleil
“Being in a house gives you extra peace of mind. When you’re in a house you’re not by yourself. In a hotel you’re alone. So here you are with people, I have my young cousins with me. I’m not a person who likes being alone, I like people around me so the fact that I have a house – I’ve been changing houses each year so I can invite more people to stay with me which is terrific,” explained Nadal.
- Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal maintain friendship with regular games of FIFA, the Scot’s mother reveals – via dailymail.co.uk
- Q&A: Toni Nadal – by Helen Gilbert (wimbledon.com)
If you could take one shot from any player, past or present what would it be? Nadal’s mental strength, McEnroe’s volley, Federer’s forehand, and Djokovic’s backhand.
- WIMBLEDON: Nadal ready for “unusual” Dustin Brown – by Reem Abulleil
- Wimbledon 2015: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal not fazed by heatwave – by Ravi Ubha (cnn.com)
“For the injuries, it is much better to play with these conditions than when the weather is cloudy and there is more humidity out there,” he said. “The grass is more slippery than what it is today. Happy for that.”
- Rafael Nadal’s coach says it’s good to talk during play – by James Riach (theguardian.com)
- La prenda de Nadal cuya firma era falsa – I got totally lost on this one when trying to read the mangle.
- Escañuela dice basta – via tennistopic.com (mangle). Good riddance.
- Interview with Canal+
- Short piece on Canal+ – Rafa and Toni
- A Little Bit of Rafa’s Tuesday Practice At Wimbledon
- Find Your Fast – Rafa’s one of the many athletes in this new Nike campaign.
- Day 4 preview
- Coaching Corner: Rafael Nadal’s forehand – Mats Wilander and Annabel Croft talk about Rafa’s forehand.
- Toni Nadal – Rafa is a favourite
- Rafel Nadal s’enfrontarà a l’alemany Dustin Brown – iB3 2nd round match preview.
- #ConnectedTennis at Roland-Garros
- There’s a few Rafa photos in this gallery from Corinne Dubreuil.
Rafa does social media:
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) July 1, 2015
Social media related to Rafa:
- Getting better with age – by Richard Branson (has a nice photo of Rafa from the Necker Cup)