- Nadal’s delight at impressive win – via wimbledon.com
“I am a little bit more confident than I was a few months ago,” Nadal said. “For the first three-and-a-half months of the season I was playing bad. I lost more matches than usual that I should have won. But the last two months I have been more consistent, more solid in general, and that’s something I am pleased with.”
He was frank about his slump in the rankings. “I am seeded No.10 here because I deserve to be. That’s what happens with one-year rankings when you are injured for six months and come back and are not able to play great. When that happens, No.10 is a great number. But I am going to work hard to be higher.”
- Rafael Nadal offers timely reminder of talents in win over Thomaz Bellucci – by Kevin Mitchell (theguardian.com)
“You cannot change your basic style – or it is not good to do that,” Nadal told the Guardian. “What you need is to improve all the time, the things that you are good at and the things you are not so good at. Over the years, you lose things in your tennis. If you are not as quick as before, you have to bring something else. That is why for 10, 11 years of my career I have been in a very high position of the rankings – and winning.
“I am working on the same things as always. I know this year I am not playing that well, but I cannot change many things. It’s just a little bit more confidence, play a bit better. With motivation, with work, I am gonna come back, I am sure of it.”
- Nadal Beats Bellucci In Straight Sets – via atpworldtour.com
“It is difficult to think about how the match going to be; he’s not a usual player,” Nadal said of his next opponent. “Anything can happen. He beat me last year in Halle. It is little bit different, the surface and everything. He’s a tough player. He won today against good opponent. Probably he will come with good confidence. I’m going to try to be ready for it.”
- Nadal powers his way past Bellucci – by Pete Bodo (espn.com) Includes a video match report.
The Nadal backhand is an excellent tool on grass. Combined with his speed and movement it adds an extra dimension to his defense.
- Rafael Nadal v Thomaz Bellucci: Wimbledon 2015 – as it happened – via theguardian.com
- Nadal Fires Early Warning to the Big Guns – Reuters via nytimes.com
- Vivir como en casa – via tennistopic.com (mangle) Fun article about players renting houses in Wimbledon…even if the mangle is a bit confusing.
- Nadal talks serve, health – quick interview conducted Monday with Pam Shriver.
- SkySports interview (day before 1st round match)
- Practice pre 1st round match
- Nadal: Feud damaging for Spanish tennis
- Rafa vs Bellucci match photos via wimbledon.com
- Sport picture of the day: hot stuff in Wimbledon – via theguardian.com.
Rafa does social media:
Rafa must have been in a good mood post win – because he was all over Instagram.
Social media related to Rafa:
- Obsessed Fans Haunt Women on Tennis Tour – by Ben Rothenberg (nytimes.com) Disturbing.