Rafa’s 2015 Wimbledon experience kicks off at 1pm tomorrow on Court 1. Vamos!
The federation president got suspended for a month. He has some weird and lavish sounding expenditures to account for.
Current Spanish players (male and female), former players and technicians have written and signed a letter expressing their discontent with RFET. You can read it in the original Spanish here and an English translation here.
- Why Golf Helped Rafa’s Wimbledon Preparation – via atpworldtour.com. Includes a video excerpt of the media day presser.
- Rafael Nadal rounds on ‘media show’ surrounding Spanish tennis federation – by Les Roopanarine (theguardian.com)
“The situation is terrible,” said Nadal, whose 14 grand slams include two Wimbledon titles. “We’ve put on a show but to me the spectacle we’ve seen lately is awful. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no way that Spanish tennis deserves this after the last 20 years, when we’ve practically been on top even though we’re not a very big country. This ugly and continuous media show is damaging tennis.”
- Three to See: 2015 Wimbledon, Day 2 – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- Preview: Toni Nadal does not consider his charge Rafael Nadal amongst favourites for Wimbledon – by Reem Abulleil (sport360.com)
- Tennis Note #15 – The Road to Wimbledon – by Ajay Phadke and Nikita Taparia
- Nick Bollettieri – You can see the doubt in Rafa Nadal’s face these days – via independent.co.uk. While you can see more doubt/nerves on his face then in days past, but it’s insane to say that he never showed these things in the past.
- Nadal Leads Spanish Players’ Criticism of Federation – Reuters via nytimes.com
- Nadal: “Es la Federación la que necesita a los jugadores, no al revés” – via rtve.es (mangle)
- Short interview (Spanish)
- Practice footage – totally cracks me up how he tosses his shirt and it makes a “splat” noise when it lands.
- More practice footage
- Media day presser excerpt
- Excerpt from the Spanish part of the media day presser.
- Another part of the Spanish presser
- Interview before the Bellucci match
- Nadal parla molt clar sobre la polèmica al tennis espanyol – iB3 report on Rafa’s media day comments about the RFET.
- Last minute preparations – via wimbledon.com
Rafa does social media:
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) June 29, 2015
Rafa Re-grammed a post from the Rafa Nadal Tour:
Social media related to Rafa:
- Letter to My Younger Self – by Pete Sampras
- Serena Williams interviews for the job of Wimbledon Champion – this amused me.