Since they didn’t finish all the matches on Sunday due to rain, Monday’s schedule is a bit of a mess. Rafa will play Jack Sock in the third match on Lenglen. Play starts at 11am.
Yo here’s the transcript from Rafa’s presser from yesterday. https://t.co/klzGHPwrAq
— Amy Fetherolf (@AmyFetherolf) May 31, 2015
- Three to See, 2015 French Open, Day 9 – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
One thing we know about this one: The ball is going to rotate. A lot. These two guys turn the ball over more times per millisecond than anyone else in tennis. But is that all we’re going to get from the 22-year-old Sock against the King of Clay? I don’t think so.
- ATP’s Big Four, Serena, Sharapova all in action on Day 9 at the French Open – by Courtney Nguyen (si.com)
For all the attention on the forehands, the Sock serve will be a big deciding factor against Nadal. If he can serve big, earn some cheap points and get some easy holds, he’ll have opportunities to tee off on the Nadal serve.
- As Rafael Nadal Awaits, Jack Sock Hopes to Win a Battle of Forehands – by Christopher Clarey (nytimes.com)
“Obviously as a tennis player, when you play Roger at Wimbledon or playing Rafa here, there’s a few of those matchups and scenarios where it’s the greatest of all time on that surface,” Sock said, referring also to Roger Federer. “So I will be excited to play. I’m more looking forward to it. It will be a tough one, but it will be a fun one.”
- How one court at Roland Garros helps Rafael Nadal dominate French Open – by Douglas Robson (washingtonpost.com) Although, his winning percentage on Lenglen and Court 1 is 100%. :)
The extra space on Chatrier allows Nadal to do what he does best: roam several feet behind the baseline and dig balls out of corners; return serve deep in the court where he can take massive swipes at the ball; and generally make offensive-minded players miserable.
- Rafael Nadal and the $775,000 Watch – by Tom Perotta (wsj.com)
Nadal would have lost a third watch if not for Eric Butorac, a doubles player who picked up a towel in the Cincinnati locker room a few years ago and found Nadal’s watch sitting there on a bench.
- Interview for France 2 done Sunday (in French)
- Rafael Nadal vs Jack Sock, Roland Garros preview by Coach Patrick Mouratoglou
- Rafael Nadal Vs Andrey Kuznetsov Roland Garros 2015 R3 Highlights
- Rafael Nadal Vs Nicolas Almagro Roland Garros 2015 R2 Highlights
- Rafael Nadal Vs Quentin Halys Roland Garros 2015 R1 Highlights
- What you missed 2015 French Open / Week 1
- Dream Finals – 2006
- May 30th photos from tennismagazine.fr
Rafa stopped by a French TV station today: