Congrats to Rafa’s foundation for what appears to be a rather successful gala event in Paris this weekend. Check the storify for pictures. Here’s a short article abut the event: The Rafa Nadal Foundation in Paris celebrates its first international gala (mangle)
Looks like Rafa will be playing his first match on Tuesday. At least, that’s the best guess now.
New Richard Mille Watch:
Richard Mille has released a new Rafa-Watch (the RM 27-02). You can read about it here. Be sure to scroll around for Rafa pics and a short interview.
Are you sitting down? You might want to. Get comfy. You are going to want some alone time with these pictures from a 2014 photoshoot for Haute Magazine.
- Roland Garros #Drawma – a very fun look at the draw by Ajay Phadke and Nikita Taparia
- Federer, Sharapova still believe Nadal is favorite to win in Paris – by Courtney Nguyen (si.com)
- Nadal: “Pediría mi energía y mis piernas de 2005” – via rtve.es. From the mangle, it seems like Rafa misses his 2005 energy and legs. Well, who doesn’t miss those from their teenage years? (I mean, I had bad legs and energy as a teenager, but it was still better than now.)
- Following the favorites – by Myrtille Rambion (rolandgarros.com)
The nine-time champion has been busy, making personal appearances for his equipment supplier and sponsors and attending a reception at Paris city hall, but he has still found time to get the necessary practice in! His coach and uncle Toni had him out between 12 – 2 pm when the sun was at its hottest, working on a court alongside Suzanne-Lenglen.
- Rafael Nadal enters French Open as the King of Clay on shifting sands – by Douglas Robson (washingtonpost.com)
- Rafa Nadal’s moment of truth: Are we about to see the beginning of the end of greatest era in tennis? – via the dailymail.co.uk. Includes two practice photos
- A new Rafa book – no idea if it’s any good or not.
- Rafael Nadal Interview in Paris. (22/05/2015)
- Rafa at RG Player Party
- ITV coverage of the Grand Vermeil Medal ceremony.
- What you have already missed at the French Open
- Tennis star Rafael Nadal declared honorary Parisian
- Patrick Mouratoglou on Rafael Nadal’s game in Roland Garros
- Practice footage from a fan
- Que le show commence! – a photogallery from Corinne Dubreuil.
Some practice photos via Getty:
Social media related to Rafa:
- This is hilarious: Is Andy Murray Happy or Angry?.
- And so is this: The Three Racqueteers 2015 (Official Trailer)
Don’t forget to show your support for Rafa by submitting your Blue Steel entry.
If you’ve already signed up for the Tennis Channel Racket Bracket, I think you can still enter our pool.