Looks like the Australian Open is going to do its usual wonderful job on social media. They are putting out a lot of fun little videos. Like:
And Rafa having a hit with Verdasco:
(Although, maybe they need to concentrate more on the players and less on the chairs.)
Marca is reporting that Rafa will not play Davis Cup in the first round tie against Germany. While I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t (due to the tight schedule and surface changes), it’s not like Marca has a good track record in making statements about Rafa’s schedule. So, let’s just wait and see what’s going to happen.
- Australian Open Contenders Capsules (ATP) – by Chris Skelton (tennisviewmag.com)
- Report Card: Lleyton Hewitt wins first title in Australia since 2005 – by Courtney Nguyen
It’s weird to think that a year ago Nadal was holed up in Mallorca recovering from a virus that derailed his preseason training and ruled him out of the Australian Open. Now, he’s winning outdoor hard-court tournaments like it’s no big deal.
- Francis Roig: “Nadal no tiene nada que hacer contra Djokovic si juega a especular” – an interview with Roig by Rafael Plaza at Tennis Topic (mangle). My favorite line in the mangle isn’t even very mangle-y. “But you know that Rafa is slightly out of the ordinary in these things.” Instead of making my head hurt, it just made me nod.
- Nice Rafa set from last year’s Cincy tournament by Christopher Levy.
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa gave us some evidence that his legs were in Melbourne.
Social media related to Rafa:
- The AO is streaming their qualifying matches. How cool is that?