- Frustration for Tsonga after defeat to Nadal in Abu Dhabi – by Osman Samiuddin (thenational.ae)
His [Rafa's] preparations after the end-of-season break are beginning to gather pace, slowly but surely. He only started playing again two weeks ago. On the first day of the tournament, when he was not playing, Nadal practised long and hard on the outside courts. That routine will remain until the season kicks in proper.
“I had treatment on the knee to keep it improving,” he said. “When I started two weeks ago it was very slow and the first week I was playing without movement. Last week I started to move myself. I’m not 100 per cent but it’s great I came here, playing my first set in one month.
“The period between seasons is not big. So during Abu Dhabi and Doha (at the Qatar Open), I will continue practices and doing my warm-ups for the match more than what I would usually do. The period of practice in Mallorca was not enough so I need to keep preparing myself in these two events. I feel like I need to work on that extra thing to be 100 per cent ready in a few weeks.”
- A funny thing happened on the way through the draw… – by Andy Taylor
- Rafael Nadal reveals the one thing he’d change in tennis – from Saturday’s presser.
- Presser excerpt after the semi-final match.
- Rafa/Tsonga action and post-match interview
- Rafa/Tsonga highlights
- The tournament posted some photos from Saturday’s matches on Facebook.
I couldn’t find a lot of photos from official sources today – and I think 2 of these are actually from yesterday – but here’s a few:
Photos by AP Photo/Kamran Jebreili, Karl Jeffs
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa let us know it was sunny in Abu Dhabi.
Social media related to Rafa:
- Inés posted screen grabs from the Tsonga match.