Once again, it feels like there’s a good bit of lint out there for it being the off-season…
The Good Hand Project
Rafa and “his brother” tweeted/posted about the latest TGHP competition – eBay auctions of signed goodies:
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) December 10, 2013
— Tomeu Nadal (@tomeu_nadal) December 10, 2013
Felt something was missing from yesterday’s news that Rafa was back to training? Well, it’s been rectified. Yep, time for some iB3 footage. (If your browsers don’t support HTML5 embedding, just click on the title link to see the videos on the iB3 site.)
First: Nadal torna als entrenaments per preparar la pròxima temporada – mangle of the description:
Nadal back in training in preparation for the next season
The new season begins for the world number 1. Rafael Nadal back in training in order to reach the Australian Open in mid-January with the machine at full capacity. After nearly a month without competition, except for exhibition tournaments in South America, Nadal wants to go now strip strip. These two weeks in Manacor used to recover fitness gradually.
Second: Nadal està compromès amb la Copa Davis però no assegura la seva presència a l’eliminatòria contra Alemanya – mangle of the description:
Nadal is committed to Davis Cup but said its presence in the tie against Germany
In February Spain faces Germany in the first round of the Davis Cup. It will also release the Mallorcan Carlos Moya as captain of the Spanish team. Nadal gives full support. Reiterates its commitment to play but it says this round.
Third: Rafel Nadal comença la pretemporada amb il·lusió – mangle of the description:
Rafael Nadal began the preseason with enthusiasm
With the goal of reaching one hundred percent to the Australian Open, a tournament which could not participate last year due to injury. On Tuesday, for the second day, the Spaniard trained for almost an hour with his friend Tomeu saves. The development of the world’s number 1 will be gradual after a month without competing at the highest level.
- Gómez Noya y Nadal: Una cita de gigantes – by Antón Bruquetas (lavozdegalicia.es) Here’s the mangle which Genny sums up:
Javi says that Rafa didn’t want anyone before him or by his side. He wanted to be in the front, leading the ride & setting the pace. Though he adds that it wasn’t a demanding ride, just a nice ride on a beautiful morning. They exchanged experiences in their sports (Javi talked Rafa about his regime of training and Rafa told Javi about his main rivals in tennis). They also talked about the London O.G., how sad it was for Rafa to miss them. And about how he’s been advised to practice with the mountain bike to strengthen the muscles around his knee.
- «Los torneos me motivan más que el ranking» – by T. Jaume (ultimahora.es). Here’s the mangle.
- 2013 By The Numbers: Titles By Rank, Age, And Other Statistics – via atpworldtour.com
- Rafael Nadal and Other Poker-Playing Sports Stars Auction Off Footwear for Charity – via pokernews.com
- 2013 BTB Awards: What was in/out – by Courtney Nguyen (si.com)
- Toni Nadal: “El Open de Australia es el primer gran objetivo del año” – via mallorcaesports.es (mangle)
- Necker Cup Champagne Celebration – Rafa seems to run out first. (No comment) Via @JimY123.
- Interview with Toni
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa let us know that there’s a lot of pretty blue on Mallorca.
Social media related to Rafa: