RafaLint: September 5th
Today’s recommended read:
‘Rafael Nadal Is the Leonardo da Vinci of Tennis’ – by Ashley Fetters (theatlantic.com)
Nadal has been one of the shrewdest players in professional tennis for a while now, and these days, more fans and analysts have begun to publicly appreciate that—as illustrated by remarks like John McEnroe’s. Maybe da Vinci’s most famous achievements—his artistic ones—still make “the Leonardo da Vinci of tennis” a more suitable title for Nadal’s more graceful counterpart, but it’s a pleasant surprise to see Nadal’s success rightly attributed to both brains and brawn.
A few photos from today’s practice (well, the signing afterwards):
- Racquet Reaction: Nadal d. Robredo – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- Nadal Crushes Robredo To Reach US Open Semi-final – via atpworldtour.com
- Nadal drops just four games to crush Robredo – by Alexandra Willis (usopen.org)
- Swift effort from Rafael Nadal – by Greg Garber (includes video)
- Gasquet Recalls Teen Battle With ‘Fighter’ Nadal – via atpworldtour.com
- Gasquet makes light of lopsided losing record vs. Rafa – by Matt Cronin (tennis.com)
- Rafael Nadal’s greatness, defined by the U.S. Open — and time – by Douglas Perry (oregonlive.com)
- For Federer and Nadal, Best Debate Is Ahead – by Harvey Araton (nytimes.com)
- Rafael Nadal’s $690,000 watch is now part of his game – article and video from cnbc.com
- Prodigies as youths, Rafael Nadal and Richard Gasquet meet again – Andrew Lawrence (si.com)
- “I would have loved to have been there supporting Madrid 2020″ – via marca.com
- El deporte y la discapacidad intelectual – the latest blog entry from Rafa’s Foundation (mangle)
- Post quarterfinal on court interview
- And here’s one in Spanish
- 2013 US Open – ESPN Tease for Sept. 4, 2013
- Nadal vs. Robredo – highlights via usopen.org
- Another highlight reel
- Passion, redux
- Toni interview during the quarterfinal
- Rafael Nadal meets wild fans at the US Open
- 2013 US Open – In Case You Missed It On ESPN
- ATP World Tour Uncovered US Open
- Rafa lets you know about some upcoming exhibitions.
- Rafael Nadal Makes Headlines With His Watch and Other Winning Quirks – yeah, that’s why he wears it. Not because he’s getting paid to.
- Nadal vs. Robredo – via usopen.org
- Photos from Flushing Meadows: Day 10
– by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- Day 11 photos from tennismagazine.fr
Social media related to Rafa:
- Stan the Man thinks Rafa’s a tough competitor.
- How Much Tennis Is Played During a Match? – by Stu Woo (wsj.com)
- Why Tennis Players Can’t Dance – by Tom Perrotta (wsj.com)
Standings are before the Djokovic/Youhzny match is complete. I need to make it a very early night.
Last Updated: 06/09/2013 01:20:59
|19||cheers1 4 3||174||126|