RafaLint: August 25th
- Pre-tournament presser transcript – via ubitennis.com
- Nadal is surging but knee is a question for Open – by Howard Fendrich (AP via yahoo.com) In regards to the state of his knees:
“I have to say that I am very well, because the results have been amazing since I came back,” he said. “If I say something else, (it) will sound strange.”
- Nadal is back in the New York groove – by E.J. Crawford (usopen.org)
- Rafael Nadal is the the man to beat – Novak Djokovic – by Piers Newbery (bbc.co.uk)
- Why They’ll Win, Why They Won’t: Rafael Nadal – via tennis.com
- Renaissance man Rafael Nadal arrives as the man to beat – by Kevin Mitchell (theguardian.com)
- The remarkable return of Rafa – by Stewart Fisher (heraldscotland.com)
- My Cincy photos from Thursday.
- Cincy 8/12 practice pics from Jeanna.
- Cincinnati 2013 Rafa practice 8/12 and Cincy 2013 Rafa practice 8/13 from Dianne.
Rafa does social media:
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) August 26, 2013
Social media related to Rafa:
- The Match Maker – by by Don Van Natta Jr. (espn.com) Interesting article on the King/Riggs battle of the sexes match. Was it fixed?
All of the vaudevillian hoopla made it easy to forget the enormous stakes and the far-reaching social consequences. King was playing not just for public acceptance of the women’s game but also an opportunity to prove her gender’s equality at a time when women could still not obtain a credit card without a man’s signature. If she were to defeat Bobby Riggs, the triumph would be shared by every woman who knew she deserved equal pay, opportunities and respect.
- U.S. Open: Let the gamesmanship begin – by Douglas Robson (usatoday.com)
- The Long Journey to Become a Tennis Ball – by Benjamin Snyder (nytimes.com)