Rafa meets Josh Berry

Just who is Josh Berry? Well, as the internet learned in this video, he’s a little bit of all the top players rolled into one. The video went, as the people trying to sound hip say, viral. This led to him appearing on Live @ Wimbledon and ESPN. He also caught the eye of the folks at Babolat, and they arranged for him to meet Rafa.

On twitter, someone joked that Rafa looked more nervous than Josh and I chimed in agreement. Josh, however, let us know that wasn’t the case:

You can check out more of his impersonations on his YouTube channel and follow him on Twitter.

And, because it would be a crime to waste that many smiles, here are too many screen grabs:

You may also like...

1. Lyn says:

I loved the video. It’s how I imagine Rafa to be sincere with a sense of humor. He was adorable really concentrating and trying to get it right. He makes people feel important !

2. Elfie says:

Thank you, miri! The videos are terrific! Loved all the smiley screen grabs!

3. Mystic says:

Just when I thought Rafa couldn’t get any more gorgeous or adorable and then this! Unbelievably CUTE! Thanks for the grabs Miri I’m obsessed with them. What a treat!

4. Ramara says:

Love it! The kid does Andy and Roger really well. Rafa not so much, but I suppose it’s harder with him standing right there.

Tough for Rafa to ID the impersonations since it’s hard for him to pick up accents as a non-native speaker plus I doubt he watches other players’ pressers.

• Keith says:

Yes. Rafa is not really fluent in English and it is hard to catch the subtle differences in a unfamiliar language. I think he is more embarrassed by his limitations than amused by the skit. But he always tries to be sociable. I suspect if we heard comedy impersonations in Catalan we would all be confused.

I agree that it was very difficult for him since the imitations weren’t in in his native language. I wonder if Josh picked up on that and that’s why he gave clues in the Roger one – the mentions of the great matches and playing to his backhand.

5. Beth McClure says:

I also love his very “concentrate” face.

6. patzin says:

These 2 are so cute together. Rafa is game to ‘figure it out’ – working hard on the 1st one. I agree with comments above re: Rafa not watching other player’s pressers. So w/first one, the words could be anyone’s – it is the accent & word choices that make it Andy.

7. Susanna 728 says:

Rafa’s intent expression while he’s trying to figure out Murray is priceless!

8. Lynne says:

Thank you so much for posting this and for the screen grabs! Wonderful! I love his expression when listening to ‘Andy’! You can see how Rafa wants to do well (in everything!). It reminds me of the Wimbledon quiz where he really, really wanted to get each answer right.

9. Nora says: