RafaLint: June 20th

Photo by Beth Wilson

Photo by Beth Wilson

The draw starts at 10am Wimbledon time (4am mine – oye). You can follow along on their website or apps via live radio.

Feeling up to being silly in an attempt to win Wimbledon tickets? Do the Wimbledon Wiggle.
Articles:

Videos/Audio:

Photos:

Rafa does social media:

Social media related to Rafa:

Other stuff:

You may also like...

1. Merrill says:

Daveed is definitely not “chopped liver” (I like David)but, on grass against Andy, Novak or Rafa, he is “lamb” to the slaughter!

Rafa is asking if anyone wants to taste his ball? Wow.

I would love to be on the loose with Rafa in the West End. (He was probably looking for cheap tickets to Phantom of the Opera.)

• An says:

Ahum, my first tought too when i saw that foto…. Well Rafa, i come and take a bite, ok ;)

• Mystic says:

The question isn’t who wants a taste, it’s more like who DOESN’T want a taste. Give me a break – we’re all dying to!

3. Ramara says:

Rafa’s drawn into Murray’s half and Fed’s quarter. Tsonga in Andy’s quarter. Rafa’s 1st round match will be vs Steve Darcis and he’ll play on Monday. I guess it could have been worse.

I didn’t hear the top half drawn but Ferrer must be there, along with Djokovic. I think Berdych drew into Djokovic’s quarter.

• Patricia/England says:

If he plays on Monday, please God it will be on Centre court, cos I have tickets ………….. O what a dream that will be x

• Lyn says:

Oh, my Patricia. So will it be two out of Roger, Murray, Nadal? And Roger for sure. Best of luck, when they announce on Sunday!

• Reva says:

I have centre court tix for Monday too and am on tenderhooks for the OOP!!! Am keeping everything crossed but think they organisers will go with Murray. We see whatsgonnahappen :)

4. kyukee says:

lucky nole…the gods must be smiling at him, a consolation for giving a good fight in FO perhaps.

but i’m happy with this draw for Rafa. mentally he owns roger and andy so nerves won’t be a problem, it’s the physical and how prepared he is to play on grass that will post a bigger challenge.

5. Mystic says:

Thanks for including the umpire article…if I could go back in time I would’ve definitely tried to pursue this profession. Paid travel and the opportunity to be right on top of the court to view great matches on a weekly basis…I can’t think of anything sweeter. With that said it was interesting to read about how stressful it can be also…like I never knew that they aren’t supposed to use the restroom during a match and that they try not to drink anything right before or during. That would be tough. And remembering name pronunciation with some of these players would be challenging also.
    But I still think this would be my dream job, maybe in my next life.

• Ramara says:

Mohammed Lahyani (sp?) was the umpire for that longest match ever between Isner and Mahut a few years ago. He did not take a break.

6. JC says:

Am I getting it wrong, or was/is Toni wishing for Rafa to have more passion??? #Tonigoneoffthedeepend

7. Allyn Sims says:

If Murray’s people don’t track Far In Jim down a get him tickets to see the tennis, it’ll be a crying shame.