- Nadal prepara Wimbledon en Manacor – by Álvaro Rama (mangle)
- Rafa Nadal, triunfador humilde – fluffy piece about Rafa’s sponsorship with KIA (mangle)
- Rafael Nadal: French Open Legend and The Future of Poker Sponsorship – by Lee Davy (calvinayre.com)
- Players tell us about their favorite Wimbledon places.
- Today’s JeannaB64 flash back takes you all the way back to Sopot 2004 – Rafa’s first ATP title.
Social media related to Rafa:
- Guess who’s on the cover of Tennis Magazine (in France).
Nice racket and clothing choices there…
— Babolat (@babolat) June 17, 2013
- Toni shows up about 17 minutes into this.
- “No Wonder Everyone Thinks You Are Garbage” – by Ben Rothenberg. Fascinating (and sad) piece on the kind of abuse betters hurl at players via social media.
- Andy Murray’s column on the BBC site has a mention of Rafa:
I know there will be a lot of interest in the draw this year as Rafael Nadal looks like being seeded fifth, but as a player you can’t get too obsessed about the draw.
I’d sign up to be in the quarter-finals against Rafa tomorrow if someone offered me that.
You could say if I get through that match, then the semi-final might not be as tough, but if you want to win the biggest tournaments you have to beat the best players in the world. It doesn’t really matter where they are in the draw.
Well said, Andy.