RafaLint: June 11th
Secondly, enjoy it before it gets pulled down: Rafael Nadal Vs David Ferrer Full Match.
- “Hace tres meses estaba cojo” – by Joan Solsona (marca.com). Here’s the mangle. And I know this is a mangle and not Rafa’s actual words, but his description of being on the podium during the national anthem is so sweet.
It is a moment a little lonely up there, in the middle of the track. It is special. You know the song is for you and that you are representing your country. It reflects a dream and you’ve worked hard to get to that point. You know you have family and friends behind, who have come to support you. And you know that come to mind a lot of images that are what make you thrill.
- Rafael Nadal revives greatest-ever debate, without looking to the future – by Douglas Perry (oregonlive.com)
“For me, it’s incredible,” said Toni Nadal, Rafa’s uncle and coach. “When I think of all that Rafael has done, I don’t understand it.”
Even if you’re not related to Rafa, those words are entirely appropriate coming out of your mouth.
- Nadal in a whirlwind – a translation of an article that appeared in the print edition of L’Equipe.
Today, I don’t ask myself what is the most difficult or the most important between becoming the world number one again and winning a Major outside Paris. What’s more important is to be happy. To be happy, I need to prepare myself as best as possible in order to beat the best. For me, it’s as simple as that.
- Why Rafa Nadal could return to No 1 this year – by Simon Cambers (thetennisspace.com)
- Los ‘ocho’ contados por Nadal – by Sebastián Fest (elumdno.es – mangle)
- Rafa Nadal, más viejo y más sabio – via lavozdegalicia.es (mangle)
- Go Figure: French Open by the numbers – by Courtney Nguyen (si.com)
- Blame it on Maria – by Tom Tebbutt (tenniscanada.com)
- Power Rankings: Rafael Nadal’s Eight French Open Titles – by amylu_sports (changeovertennis.com)
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Rafael Nadal : leur interview croisée – a weird 3 part interview with Jo and Rafa. How serious does Rafa sound compared to Jo! Mangle links to each part: one, two, 3.
- Rafa and his many victims
- Is Wimbledon a step too far for new French Open champion Rafa Nadal? – by Will Ralston (mirror.co.uk)
- Nadal downplays Wimbledon chances – via espn.com
- Breaking It Down: Nadal vs. Ferrer – by Craig O’Shannessy (nytimes.com)
- Andy Murray: Rafael Nadal’s Wimbledon seeding is tough – via bbc.co.uk
- iB3 looks back at Rafa’s return to the tour.
- Video for Brazilian TV – I have no idea what’s going on in here…but he appears to have traded his racket for a tie.
- Rafa in an airport! And, of course, the iB3 was there. This time, it’s the Barcelona airport, though as Rafa was headed to the doctor.
- Fan video from outside the press room during Rafa’s last RG presser. And from that same person: trophy munching and posing and match point.
- The BBC gets ready for Wimbledon 2013
- Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 Nadal Qualifies – what IS that hair??
- Nice Roland Garros photo album courtesy of Babolat.
Social media related to Rafa:
- Interesting twitter conversation about who turned down whom for the RG trophy presentation.
Just a few twitter items, so I’m going to embed them rather than storify.
Enhorabuena Rafa, te has superado a ti mismo! twitter.com/TeamMatesBCN/s…
— Mccann TeamMates(@TeamMatesBCN) June 9, 2013
— Felipe Andreoli (@andreolifelipe) June 11, 2013
— Bon Jovi (@BonJovi) June 11, 2013