CNN Open Court: Rafael Nadal returns to the court

Video of the Open Court interview is up on the CNN site:

Enjoy!

You may also like...

1. micamica says:

Thank you Miri for posting this interview.

I like Don Riddell although I find it difficult to watch CNN Sport anymore because there is too much focus on the negativity (racism, bitter rivalries, fixing and doping) in sport right now.

I like what Rafa said, “He’s positive but not arrogant.” He never has been in my books.

I am looking forward to April when the clay court swing begins and I can watch Rafa’s matches (And Ferrer) at a decent hour (European time)

I am off to watch Open court on CNN, I hope they feature Rafa on it.

2. Celeste says:

Ever humble and ever charismatic Rafa…I missed you so much…tennis is exciting again!

3. FERNANDO says:

Tennis is boring without Rafa. Me and my 2 sons (10 and 8 years old) have been very sad when Rafa was out for so long. We hope his recovery will continue and will be for good. He should be more careful now in choosing tournamnets that will prolong his career. He’s always humble and charismastic but mean in the tennis court. He’s my sons’ idol and inspiration. They emulate his tennis.

Fernando
    Philippines

4. Eva says:

A sunset, a hammock, waves and Rafa. Now that would be a perfect vacation ha! I envy the photographer.

5. Margie says:

Thanks Miri for this clip!! Will he win Roland Garros for an 8th time?? “I am positive, but not arrogant.”
    That’s our Rafa!!!! Vamos!!!

6. killian says:

white v-neck shirt: Stunning!!!

• Julie says:

Just when you think he can’t possibly be more handsome and adorable…there he goes, getting more gorgeous and engaging all the time!

7. Keith says:

Its great to see how well he can express himself in english these days. And always cute with that super expressive face.

8. Dee says:

I have just watched the CNN interview and it is a beautiful interview. As it shows Rafa during his downtime away from the hussle and bussle of the tennis tournaments. It is nice to see Rafa in this relaxed manner. I am glad to hear that Rafa is at home away from it all so that he can have some time to himself. Everybody needs their space.

• Ramara says:

Yup, just a relaxing week at a nice resort hotel. Which Rafa was in the process of buying, and doing promo work for, along with a few interviews. Judging by his results at IW, it worked out well!

• Denizen says:

Exactly, Ramara! Rafa was visiting one of his investment properties, and his week was busy with photo shoots, interviews (such as the Extra! one and several with Spanish media), meets and greets, a press conference, practicing with coach Roig, and so forth. Maybe it was relaxing for the gaggle of friends he brought over, but for Rafa it was a business trip to a nice location that he happens to co-own.

9. Susanna728 says:

when I see Rafa being so thoughtful and articulate I love to think about that Tennis Channel video interview of him when he was about 17 and barely able to speak English. We’ve really watched him grow up. On a different note — OMG that shot of him in the water in the hammock in the end is sooo sexy.

10. Patricia/England says:

He’s lovely isn’t he and his interviews get better and better.