RafaLint: February 14th

Photo via AFP

Photo via AFP

Articles:

Videos/Audio:

Photos:

Rafa does social media:

Which mangles to: “I just found on # Brazil’s president injury. I hope he recovers soon # DilmaRousseff from a broken foot!”

Social media related to Rafa:

Glad to know Rafa doesn’t like manscaped balls.

(And in case it changes before you can see it, here’s what it produced.)

And, Marc! loves Rafa:

Which mangles to: “After seeing the end of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd1KPaDrs2s … xa Valentine wanted to take that as a friend I still want t …”

You may also like...

1. Susanna728 says:

So is Rafa playing with a new/different raquet? Before Vina del Mar, I remember seeing some article and interview with Toni about a new raquet with more power and some microchip built into it? And of course there’s the Babolat commercial with Jo. Any know if Rafa is using something new? (Sorry if I’ve missed some Rafalint about this.)

2. micamica says:

Miri thank you for all the articles, videos and tweets.

Oh I miss Rafa and Marc together.

Lol at the fan using a fishing rod to get an autograph.

They better do something about those ‘supermarket’ balls

The little fan lobbing Rafa is too cute

3. Inés says:

A more accurate translation of Marc’s word would be ” After seeing the final of the video I want to use Saint Valentine to say you that, I still love you as friend…

Sorry, not even me, I can understand that mangle :))

• jodiecate says:

Thanks Inés, that makes sense. Very clever for Marc! to use Valentine’s Day to respond to Rafa’s claim – that’s too funny!

• JayDee50 says:

Thanks Ines. Awww, I miss Team Cuteness, wonder if they’ll ever play doubles together again?

• Denizen says:

I think that ship had sailed. Right now, Marc and Marcel are doing well in the Rotterdam doubles. Over the past six months, their hard court record has been superb.

4. Merrill Bell says:

Since Rafa has been hurt, I have not been following tennis with the intensity that it usually holds for me. I have been wondering, if after Rafa retires, I would still love the game as much. For me Rafa represents the best in tennis and sport in general. The Tignor article comparing Guga with Rafa reminded me how beautiful tennis and (the personalities it brings forth) is. I loved watching Guga; I loved Agassi’s brand of tennis; I love Rafa’s. It’s good to be reminded that there will be other fun players to follow, that tennis will continue to be a great strategic game, even after Rafa. Meanwhile I am reveling in his comeback. Vamos!

• Susanne1219 says:

I know what you mean. I watched hardly any tennis after Rafa’s injury. Despite other great payers, it is Rafa with all his intensity and tenacity and skill that I want to see. If he leaves, I’m just not sure i’ll ever be as into tennis as I have these last years.

5. Fan M says: