RafaLint: February 8th

Nadal’s Impact Evident In Vina Del Mar:

Toni’s cracking me up.

Rafa does social media:

• Rafa enthusiastically shared a video.

Social media related to Rafa:

According to a later tweet, Gimelstob’s interview will air on The Tennis Channel on February 27th at 7PM.

Which mangles to:
“Nadal slipped and said the knee. Then he made a comment to Toni. People were alarmed but nothing. Apparently.” This was during the doubles match.

Okay, it’s late and I have to get up early tomorrow. So, I’m wrapping this entry up.

1. muribwanji says:

Lovely new digs for Rafa! He must feel good to have such a nice, quiet place by the sea and at the same time preserve the local architectural heritage that fits so naturally with the environment, saving it from being turned into another nondescript apartment building. A true Mallorcan.

• Eva says:

Yep, awesome house with its own little cove and cave in the sea. Hmmm wonder what Rafa will do with it…

2. Susanna 728 says:

Indeed.Gorgeous. Can’t see him living there alone though. Too scary in the dark. Hmmm. New domestic arrangements?

• Ramara says:

Can’t see him living anywhere alone, ever! But this is a fixer-upper. I’m guessing he’s got an eye on the future, probably too good an opportunity to pass up. Location, location, location. :-)

3. JMS says:

Wow, nice place you got there Rafa! The views of the water and direct access to it is fantastic. I always wanted a house near the sea…

4. Denizen says:

This article says multiple times that the house is a Clan Nadal purchase. It had been slated to be demolished and replaced by 75 apartment units. I suspect the family ponied up to keep that from happening, since they all have property nearby.

Assuming that the article correctly states that it was a family purchase, no way would the family chip in to buy Rafa yet another house, so I do not expect him to live here.