Viña del Mar: Rafico rolls along

Photo via @VTROpen

Photo via @VTROpen

After Pico’s tough loss yesterday, I wasn’t sure if there was going to be a doubles match today. But, bless him, he stuck around. Not that any of us could watch the match – there was no broadcast. From watching the livescores, the first set looked pretty lop-sided, but the second was tighter with each team holding well until a tiebreak. The super-hot guys* won: 6-2, 7-6(4). They will play Berlocq/Mayer in the semis.

*I’m assuming they were the hottest guys on the court. I have to plead ignorance about the other team’s hotness factor.

Stats:

J Monaco/R NadalG Rufin/F Volandri
Statistics on Serve
Aces12
Double Faults01
1st Serve %63%68%
1st Serve Points Won31/36 (86%)25/43 (58%)
2nd Serve Points Won14/21 (67%)14/20 (70%)
Break Points Saved2/2 (100%)4/6 (67%)
Service Games Played1010
Statistics on Return
1st Return Points Won18/43 (42%)5/36 (14%)
Second Return Points Won6/20 (30%)7/21 (33%)
Break Points Won2/6 (33%)0/2 (%)
Return Games Played1010
Statistics on Points
Total Service Points Won45/57 (79%)39/63 (62%)
Total Return Points Won24/63 (38%)12/57 (21%)
Total Points Won69/120 (58%)51/120 (43%)

You may also like...

1. Dee says:

I hope their next match will be streamed along with Rafa’s singles match!

2. Ramara says:

Rafa is ALWAYS the hottest team on court :)

3. Fan M says:

Go Rafa! Keep up with the Steady Wins!

4. An says:

Rafa and Pico teaming up, then no way that there is a hotter team possible in this world!

5. Rafafan says:

Can you believe it when looking for the livestream there was everyone else so dull and uninteresting including Rosel! to watch but not our superstud! – absolute disgrace. Let’s hope the companies learn their lesson with all the complaints and will livestream from now on with our boy in singles pft pft pft……..

• micamica says:

It’s always been hard to find coverage of doubles matches. I suppose the networks/streaming sites did not think to make an exception for Rafa’s comeback doubles matches.

I am hopeful that they will show all his singles matches for this tournament and the next two.

• Karen says:

Rafa’s doubles match was on the streaming schedule for http://www.lshunter.net, but I couldn’t watch from my iPad so don’t know if they actually showed it or not. I followed a cheering thread on another site & some fans seemed to be watching it from the comments they were making, all nice ones regarding Team Rafico of course!!
        So glad Rafa’s got another win under his belt, hope his confidence is growing. He’s reallly enjoying the doubles with his good friend. Roll on boys.

6. Patricia/England says:

Rafas m watch is scheduled on Livescorehunter at 9.00pm UK time, lets hope it doesnt get taken off, it was scheduled yesterday morning but when I logged in it had gone!

Good win for our man and Pico.

7. Serin says:

VAMOS RAFA ! Enjoy the match vs Traver today..I mean “win it” of course ! :)

8. Ruthie says:

So good to see Rafa back and enjoying his tennis. Hope he continues to do well in both the doubles and singles. Great that he is playing with a good friend too.

Vamos our Rafa & God bless.

9. Kate says:

I’m dying here. No matches on tv or web. I can’t understand Spanish. Watching live scores on the ipad makes me feel pathetic. Geez. Good news is that he’s winning!