RafaLint: February 5th
- Rafael Nadal wins doubles match – AP via espn
- Nadal Makes Triumphant Return In Vina del Mar Doubles – via atpworldtour.com
- 17 People Super Excited About The Return of Rafael Nadal’s Famous Assets – by Lindsay (changeovertennis.com) Heee!
- Nadal asombrado por locos chilenos y comparte con fanáticos – via terra.cl (mangle)
- Presser footage. Inés translated the end of the video like this:
Pico “Yes, it was a match we had proposed ourselves to win for a person who is in Spain …”
Rafa “His name is Marc Lopez”
Pico “Doubles teammate … former doubles teammate …”
Rafa “He no longer wants me”
- Rafa & Pico approaching the court
- Match highlights
- iB3 report
- Short post-match interview with Pico
- Nadal – O regresso.
- ViveDeportes report – mainly women on the beach (?) than some match and presser footage
- Short clip of match footage from ViveDeportes
- Short presser clip
- People cuddling up to Rafa at a meet and greet
- A nice set from the first doubles match.
- BIG photos.
- More photos! (A lot of repeats, but some different ones)
- Match and presser photos
- Event photos
- Pre-match practice photos
- Match photos
- Practice photos
Genny tweeted the following translations of some of Rafa’s comments in the on-court interview:
Rafa’s asked about the knee. He says that doubles matches are less demanding. The real test will come tomorrow in his singles match.
He’s very happy with all the attention and affection he’s receiving from the crowd.
He’s asked again how he decided to come to Viña and repeats what he’s said these days: the timing in recovery and the surface made it
Rafa being declared “illustrious visitor of Viña del Mar”, receiving the “trophy” and signing the book
Of course, they are expecting Rafa to come back to Viña. The mayor tells him that they will ALWAYS wait for him in Viña del Mar! :))
And then from the presser:
9 months ago the tendon was bad, today it’s OK. But I’m not going to speak on the knee any more, but on what’s to come
I’ll try to play and perform as best as possible. With or w/o pain. Tomorrow I play Delbonis,lefty as me, I know him from practicing
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa’s team wished him luck on his first match back.
Social media related to Rafa:
LOL Pico is too funny, “We won, I had some pressure that maybe if we lost I was going to be the one to blame”.
— Nicolas Arias (@_NicolasArias) February 6, 2013
— DavidLaw (@DavidLawTennis) February 5, 2013
— ESPNTennis (@ESPNTennis) February 5, 2013
Since Monte-Carlo 2005, @rafaelnadal has won 33 of the 40 Clay tournaments he has played in (82.5%)
— Steph Trudel (@TrudelSteph) February 5, 2013
— Nike Tennis (@niketennis) February 5, 2013
— Robert Nicholson (@RobNicholson10) February 5, 2013
— Richard Mille (@Richard_Mille) February 5, 2013
Okay, I don’t know about you, but I’m exhausted and need some sleep!