RafaLint: July 17th
Sorry I haven’t been posting much lint – been super busy and then I lost the lint post I’d been working on in a computer malfunction. Oops! Plus, it’s been a bit quiet in RafaLand.
- A fan’s eye view of the flag presentation ceremony.
- Rested Rafa prepares for gold medal defence – via itftennis.com
- Flag-bearer Nadal hopeful ahead of ‘hardest title’ challenge – via dailymail.co.uk
- London 2012: Rafael Nadal hopeful he will be fit for Olympics – via guardian.uk.com
- Ljubicic vs Rafael Nadal: Rafael continues to hinder me. Maybe it´s jealousy of my relationship with Roger Federer… – um, okay. Anyone know the original source for the quotes?
- Rafa Nadal dormirá ya el domingo en la Villa Olímpica – by Jesús Mínguez at as.com (Mangle: Rafa Nadal and sleep on Sunday at the Olympic Village)
- In the village of fun and Games – from the brisbanetimes.com.au. Big Macs on Rafa!
- US Open Series Preview digizine from tennis.com
- The 20 highest-earning International athletes – by Michael McKnight (si.com)
- Rafa’s bio page on the Olympics site. He’s not the only one with a horrid picture. In fact, they are all pretty lousy.
- US Open Series promo
- Lo que no se vio del acto oficial – aka, okay, so now that I have the flag, what do I do with it?
- Nadal faces Olympic fitness battle – via Eurosport
- rafanadready’s photos from the flag presentation.
- Tot Rafa – already working the vaguely worried look.
- A lovely Wimbledon photo from Ella Ling.
- Ella Ling has posted all her Roland Garros photos.
- Rafa photo in the Spanish edition of People – thanks @cami_melescanu.
- Some photos from Miami in this photoset
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa let us know that he was working hard to get ready for the Olympics.
- He’s happy about the # of Facebook followers he has.
- Good to know he’s getting a good stretch on.
Tweets about Rafa:
Mañana se cumplen los 15 días sin raqueta que recomendó el Dr Mikel Sánchez a @RafaelNadal. Probablemente vuelva a las pistas el martes
— David J. Nadal (@davidjnadal) July 15, 2012
Which mangles to:
“Tomorrow will meet the 15 days without racket recommended Dr. Mikel Sanchez @ RafaelNadal. Probably back to the tracks on Tuesday”
- You can now buy Quely’s online – could they have made Rafa any paler?
- The History of Lukas Rosol – by Christopher Kissane. An interesting read that manages to tie together history, sport and Rafa’s loss.
- The Spanish team’s Olympics outfit – lordy help us all.
- I have no words. None. !