RafaLint: June 21st
The Wimbledon draw is at 10 AM BST (British Summer Time) – or less than 4 hours from now. I need a nap! (In fact, I doubt I’m going to be able to wake up for it.) Those of you are are awake can follow the draw via Wimbledon radio here.
“It’s no secret that I love to compete and try my very best in everything, whether that’s tennis, golf or video games,” Nadal said. “When I discovered the game of poker, I chose to join PokerStars because they understand what it takes to be the best and associate themselves with the qualities of champions. I’m very happy to be working with them.”
Since he’s new to this whole thing, he needs your help to learn how to play and improve his game. To help insure people are willing to offer up some help, there’s a contest:
Rafa is also asking for your help, and wants you to send a video giving him your top poker tip. The best will be shown here every week, and Rafa will award exclusive prizes to the videos he thinks give him the most useful advice. The player whose video impresses Rafa the most at the end of the contest will win a European Poker Tour (EPT) Barcelona prize package, including buy-in for the €5,300 Main Event (August 19-25), eight nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel and €1,500 for expenses. The winner will also receive a chipset signed by Rafa, as will five runners-up! Everyone who submits a suitable video will also receive a $22 MicroMillions Main Event tourney ticket.
Rafa’s video request for help and the contest information can be found here.
Their site also has a Rafa profile page up.
- When will anyone, besides Big 3, win a major? – by Douglas Robson (usatoday.com)
- Big three primed for Wimbledon double bill – by Pritha Sarkar (reuters.com)
- The Toss: ATP’s Big Three could all take over No. 1 at Wimbledon – by Courtney Nguyen and Hannah Wilks (si.com)
- How to join a Google+ Hangout – get ready for Rafa’s Hangout at 18:30 BST tomorrow! Another helpful video: here.
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa shared the PokerStars info.
- He also showed us that he was cooking – or at least standing around in front of many pots and pans (that I doubt he cleaned up – heh).
- Lastly, his busy social media day wrapped up by, well, showing us how to wrap a grip. (But he left off the last bit which I always find to be the trickiest part.)
Tweets about Rafa:
— Craig O’Shannessy (@BrainGameTennis) June 21, 2012
— nic (@nic_knack) June 21, 2012
— JC VERBORG (@JCVerborg) June 21, 2012