RafaLint: May 29th

Photo KENZO TRIBOUILLARD/ AFP/ GettyImages

Articles:

Videos:

Photos:

Rafa does social media:

• Rafa was rather happy that Fernando was at his match today.

He also tweeted about it:

(More information on the tragedy Rafa tweeted about.)

Random:

Lesson learned today: I can’t stand weight-lifting class.

Okay, it’s 12:30am, tennis starts in a few hours and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Time to nap!

1. Aini says:

I can’t seem to view the PARIS LOVES RAFA video..it runs when launched but BLANK/BLACK screen with audio only..is it a technical problem? any tips for me? codec upgrade?

2. Aini says:

WOw! Rafa in cartoons now!? Cool! :o)

3. Isabelle says:

The Douglas Perry article brought a smile to my face, however I am finding all of the predictions of Rafa winning (and I’m not reading everything) are becoming unnerving to me. Enough already!

• wendya says:

Ditto…and anti-jinx @ all those predictions, especially that of Simon Reid who has a reputation for damming anyone he picks to win. Here’s hoping that predictions become premonitions! :)

4. Kathy says:

“Paris loves Rafa” is an embarrassing video and they come across as trying too hard to convince us. It does make me a bit sad that the fans there can’t seem to embrace him as the great champion that he is. These are magical years that we are able to see him play and will be over all too soon. I am sure there are many French fans of Rafa who do appreciate him. Can’t believe he will be 26 on Sunday!

“I can’t stand weight-lifting class.” hee, isn’t it awful? But congratulations on all the effort you are making to be healthy. :-)

5. leslie says:

Not sure where the ‘paris loves rafa’ video came from but it seems about time that people tried to counteract the messages that Rafa has received from RG crowds -apathy, animosity, failure to show appreciation for a champion. … I would be absolutely humiliated if crowds acted that way towards ANY player at a Canadian hosted tournament. I would want to the athlete to know that not all of us act without respect and want to show appreciation for outstanding talent and achievements. I don’t understand booing (unless someone is having a temper tantrum on court) or cheering for people’s mistakes …and I’m with Uncle Tony about acknowledging good play even if from the player you are not wanting to win. The fact that Rafa always responds with such class and only has positive things to say about the crowds is just another reason that people may want to show him some overdue appreciation.
    Maybe the video is trying too hard? I’m just glad they are trying period.