RG: 1st round videos

Videos from Rafa’s first round match against Bolelli.

Rafa’s included in this compilation of shots of the day.

Highlights via RAFApedia.

Match in full:

Posted by eccovskiy.

Video of Rafa’s presser if that doesn’t work for you due to region blocking, here’s a clip:

Posted by OnlyPureHDTennis or from the official site.

ESPN Vivo report:

Posted by canalNTN24.

tve report with a bit of an interview – just stop watching after the first 53 seconds. Trust me.

Posted by BarcelonaTVHD.

Well, frickin’ heck! Finally somebody who can pronounce “Båstad” correctly. Thank you Rafa. :)
    Love how he blushes when asked about the colour of the shirt…

• JC says:

Not to mention “Björn”! That’s the most perfect pronounciation of an “ö” by a non-scandinavian I’ve ever heard! Maybe he thought Björn would be presenting the trophy this year, and he’s been taking lessons to be able to thank him in Swedish :)

2. Aini says:

Hmm..i watched beyond 53 seconds..and ..well..no comment..sigh..

3. Nils says:

Rafa is so fidegety in the pressers.But then,those tics are what make him Rafa:)
    Adored his laugh when he said “that’s a different question…finally”.

4. the other Maria says:

I miss the presser transcripts. Badly. I hate reading bits and pieces of the presser here and there, always wondering if and how much they’ve been taken out of the context :(.
    As for that Borg question, yesterday one of the Spanish newspapers published a short interview with him. He said, among other things, that what Rafa is doing for the game of tennis is something fantastic, fascinating. So true.

5. alibobbles says:

Love Rafa’s reaction to a new question in the press conference! I hope the “actual colour” of the shirt is ‘Heart on Fire’ which I now have on my toenails. Seemed appropriate all round really.

6. the other Maria says:

Ooh. I’ve just realized that Eurosport have uploaded videos of the full pressers, in English and Spanish, on their sites:

• Susanna728 says:

Thanks so much for the video of the full press conference! His response about the history of the locker room is so cute. I love it when he rubs his cheek against his shoulder – which he does during matches too. For some reason, I think that’s really hot.

• leslie says:

Thanks for the press link. Adorable!

I’d included the English presser in the post…

Thanks for the link to the Spanish one

• Julie says:

Thanks…his responses are always thoughtful and sincere, and some of his mannerisms are lol funny…I especially liked when he was trying to find a place to toss his empty water bottle.

7. Nana says: