RafaLint: May 16th

(Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images

Rafa will play Marcel Granollers on Thursday. They are the 3rd match scheduled on Court Centrale with play starting at noon.

Articles:

Photos:

Random:

You may also like...

1. dingax says:

I would like to take credit but it wasn’t exactly me. It was @rob_pal. One of my fave weird tennis stats is Hrbaty’s winning record against both Federer and Nadal. One day I am going to figure out whether he is the only one active or retired. I made a twitter comment about how now that Hrbaty has retired, Davy is the only one left with a winning record against Rafa. @rob_pal pointed out that Hrbaty was still active.

2. Aini says:

Cool! i shall read all these juicy bits later..got a job interview coming up today..:o)

3. Nana says:

Forbes is wrong. Rafa is not yet 26!

4. Nils says:

I like Tignor’s article as well as the one by Jon Wertheim. Unbiased views rather than the sniping of the other guy. Thanks, Miri. and love the presser pic..”RRRAAAFFFAAA”

5. rafafan says:

Read the Carlos Moya article. I was wondering how the relationship of Rafa and his close buddy Carlos would be after the events of Madrid. I have a feeling this has really rocked them both to the extreme and my impression from the article is perhaps they will cool down and take a step back from it. I know they are very close so I hope there is no bad fall out between them. After all, tennis is the tennis and friendships last for ever no? But I am still very sad for both of them…….

• Ramara says:

I think the Rafa-Moya friendship will survive the Madrid connection. They’ve both got a lot of good sense and good values.

I think Jon Wertheim is wrong – the Madrid tournament, blue clay or whatever is a battle that should be fought. IMO it’s worse for the non-Spaniards, the guys who skip Monte Carlo and Barcelona. They’re left with Madrid and Rome for their RG prep and Madrid simply is NOT a good prep tournament, even on its mediocre version of red clay. Too much altitude, too lousy a temporary court. Roger won, yeah, but he’s hurting now, complaining about his hips, and he went into Madrid healthy and rested. He didn’t get off scot free and even considered skipping Rome.

• Denizen says:

It’s business, and they’re grown-ups. No biggie.