RafaLint: May 4th
Hope everyone had a happy Star Wars day. Lots of articles in the press today with quotes from Rafa expressing his feelings about the blue clay. Most of the articles are pretty repetitive. Here’s a few (and some other stuff). I’m already tired of reading about blue clay and the tournament hasn’t started yet.
- Nadal: “La ATP nunca debió permitir esta pista de tierra azul” – Europa Press (marca.com); includes a short video. Here’s the mangle.
- Nadal blasts blue clay – from Sport 24
- Olympic gold the pinnacle of the sport – Rafael Nadal – by Reuters.
- London 2012 – Nadal: Olympics bigger than Grand Slams – from Eurosport
- Tierra (Not So) Firm – Steve Tignor breaks down the Madrid draw. (tennis.com)
- Nadal comenzará en Madrid contra el vencedor del Davydenko-Karlovic – by Ángel Rigueira (mainly, I just like the photo. Ahem. But, just in case, the mangle).
- El 7 de mayo a las 13:30 horas se presenta en el Santiago Bernabéu el evento ALMA NADAL (mangle)
- Rafael Nadal looks forward to London 2012 Olympics
- iB3 report on Rafa’s presser.
- TVE report on the same (or from the official site).
- Presser videos from europapress.tv: one, two, three, and four.
- And a higher quality version without adverts first: here.
- Practice session
- Shaky video from the KIA key exchange.
- Flashback: Rafa vs. Agassi in Montreal (2005).
- Serious Rafa fans.
- The tournament posted some photos from today’s practice including 2 of Rafa.
- KIA shared a photo of Rafa and the lady (Sara) who bought his car in the auction that benefited his foundation.
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa shared a photo of himself and the new owner of his car.
Lastly, some presser photos and photos from someone who likes the foots.
Photos by REUTERS/Sergio Perez, AP Photo/Paul White, and REUTERS/Andrea Comas