RafaLint: April 24th
Rafa’s first Barcelona match will take place Wednesday. He’s the second match after 1:30pm local time.
Today’s recommended reading:
Brain Game: Nadal’s Improved Serve – by Craig O’Shannessy (ATP, sent in by john f and dk).
- Tennis Elbow: The lucky number 8 – by Charles Blouin-Gascon (tennisconnected)
- Nadal shows he is still the clay king – by Greg Rusedski (Reuters)
- “Entrar más en la pista y… forzar” by Juan José Mateo (elpais.com). An article where Toni talks about the strategy changes to Rafa’s game. (mangle) Thanks, @genny_ss.
- Wimbledon and the powwr of the big four – by Simon Cambers (The Tennis Space)
- Rafael Nadal is the best clay court player ever: Andy Murray – by Agence France-Presse (ndtv.com)
- Wimbledon payout hike targets lower-ranked players – by Stuart Condie (miamiherald.com)
- Rafa and Kei having promo hit.
- More Rafa and Kei
- Check out germii92′s YouTube channel for some practice videos from Monte-Carlo.
- Banco Sabadell has added some photos from the promo event Rafa did with Kei to their set – starting here. They’ve also added some post-practice pictures starting here.
- Banco Sabadell Instagrams too.
Tweets about Rafa:
Will anyone defeat @RafaelNadal in Barcelona this week? Will anyone take a set? Rafa 60 of 62 sets won during 29-match streak (6 titles).
— Greg Sharko (@SharkoTennis) April 25, 2012
Continuing my streak of bad luck lately, I fell down half a flight of stairs today and mucked up my ankle/knee/hip/shoulder on the bad hip side. So, 10 puncture wounds on bruises from vein closure on left leg; twisted ankle, rug burns, sore knee, hip, ankle and hip on right side. I’m a freaking mess! (I’ll be okay, but man, this crap needs to stop.)