RafaLint: March 16th
Tomorrow will be a busy day for Rafa – he’ll play his singles semi against Federer and then the doubles final with Marc! against Querrey and Isner. Here’s the OOP.
- Breaking down the men’s quarterfinals – by Courtney Nguyen (si.com)
- Stadium 2: the best place on earth – by Arienna Lee (includes pictures and a description of the Team Cuteness quarterfinal match).
- Raquet Reaction: Nadal d. Nalbandian – by Hannah Wilks (tennis.com)
- Calling in the Closer – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- Federer and Nadal to meet in last four – by Mark Lamport-Stokes (reuters.com)
- Inside Stories – by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal advance – AP via espn.com
- BNP Paribas Open owner Larry Ellison going big – by Leighton Ginn (Desert Sun). I totally agree with Ellison’s statements on learning on hard court vs clay.
- Oddballs and Oddities – by Alexandra Willis (thetennisspace.com)
- Rafa congratulates RM in its 110th anniversary (thanks, genny_ss)
- Rafa and Ben Stiller
- Practice and warm-up photos by Arienna Lee
- Rafa and the Boston U tennis team (thanks, genny_ss)
- Doubles pictures
Tweets about Rafa:
Passed Nadal and Lopez practicing yesterday. After two of Lopez’s serves, Rafa told him to hit “harder.” Price you pay, I guess. #bnpp012
— Steve Tignor (@SteveTignor) March 16, 2012
- Making the 2012 Olympic Book: a first look – by Emily Forder-White (a fun insider look at the photoshoots for the upcoming tennis book for the Olympics).
- A look at the athletes apartments for the Olympics.