RafaLint: February 18th

Photo by Beth Wilson

Articles:

Contests:

Rafa does social media:

Tweets about Rafa:
Rafa enjoyed some golf today (don’t forget to click on the image link):

Mangle:
“Great day of golf today in Mallorca with a living legend of the sport. @RafaelNadal is what you see. A great!

For those who ask @RafaelNadal handicap 6, hitting, unorthodox swing, very, very competitive. A very simple guy and close!”

(Hope the embeds don’t cause too much of a scrolling problem – I was thinking the post was short enough this time. Let me know if there are problems.)

You may also like...

1. sia says:

“unorthodox swing, very, very competitive”
    Sounds familiar … he just can’t help it. ;)

2. Rafraf says:

The Carnavales photo in facebook…I think he’s 2nd from the right. It’s his eyes! =)

• Dianne says:

I think so too! And he’s hiding his hands, maybe he knows we know them so well. The height and the way he’s leaning in seems right, I hope he lets us know soon.

3. Susanna728 says:

Tennis.com has a parody, written by Pete Bodo, about the “syndrome” of being a Rafa fan. It’s pretty funny at the beginning:

“…delusions of being intimate with Nadal, or of having a quasi-mystical or even parental or spousal understanding of his words and actions” — um, remind you of anyone?

But then the article kind of runs out of steam and gets dopey; I can’t decide whether it’s supposed to be affectionate, or whether it has a mean streak.

• sharon says:

It’s Bodo. He has a mean streak.

He’s a Fed KAD and like so many others is very bitter about Rafa always beating Roger.

• Julie says:

I agree, it was funny at first, but he should have stopped after the first few paragraphs. The rest was over the top silly and not at all humorous. I wonder if deep down Bodo is perhaps just a bit envious of Rafa:)

4. Aini says:

The tennis racquet give away contests are only open to Americans/US residents..oh well..

5. Annie says:

I think Pete has a mean streak and is “humor” challenged but he does like Rafa. He’s written good things and bad things about him. I think it’s more of a snark about Rafa’s fans than Rafa.

6. ds says:

I thought it was funny. I agree with him that the fashion stuff has gotten a little over the top.

7. Shake says:

Something tells me Rafa’s career after tennis will be golf and that he’ll someday end up on the PGA tour playing competitive golf. Rafa is a competitor at heart so I’ll be curious to see what happens after his tennis career ends. I think he’s a good enough golfer to turn pro.