El Mundo Q&A – day 4
- Rafa likes hot weather, and the change to his racket weight is almost imperceptible but has mounted something…(um, help on that one, please?)
- If he could only win one slam for the rest of the career he’d take any of them. Well, maybe Wimbledon because he has more relevance.
- He’d love to represent Spain in this year’s Olympics. In fact, it would be an honor.
- He has to play the mandatory tournaments. Non-mandatories and exhibitions help him prepare for the big ones.
- He’s not sure the future of tennis is the freaky tall guys – there’s always been some of them about. He does want the future of tennis to have less play on hard courts.
- Something about getting somewhere with the right training that has me baffled.
- Every serve is important and he thinks about each one.
- He goes out and about like a normal person despite fans – for whom he is grateful.
- A player’s game not their attitude and gestures on court is what’s intimidating.
- Off days are no different: training, rest, time with Maymo, and then dinner with the team.
*All conclusions mine based on a dubious translation and may or may not have any relation to reality.