AO: El Mundo Q&A – day 2
- It hasn’t been that hot in Melbourne this year (the opposite, in fact), until the day of his first match. But that didn’t feel so bad because of the windy. He has occasionally played while wearing long sleeves.
- He does look at the overall draw, but concentrates on the next match (I think). Then there’s something about math. (Is that related to a super-majority?)
- It’s not a big deal or predictor when one of the top guys loses a set in the 1st round. But, while Murray lost a set, Djokovic didn’t.
- Rafa saw some of Daveeeed’s match – as a top 5 player he has a chance to win the AO. He can beat anyone and is a great guy too.
- He can’t give you the names of any new talents that have a chance to go far in the AO. It’s a bit more difficult for newer guys to go far in a slam because the matches are best of 5.
- What happened to his knee is shocking, but it feels well and we’ll see how tomorrow goes.
- Avoiding the heat by having a night match isn’t necessarily a good thing. You have to consider your opponent and you have longer to wait. Besides, it’s all equal when you both step onto the court.
- To avoid a sick tummy like Verdasco had yesterday, Rafa eats a light meal 2 hours before the match – usually pasta with oil and butter. (That doesn’t sound very light to me!)
- He’s not talking about Roger comments, but their relationship is good. They don’t always agree, but it’s all good.
- He won’t play doubles in slams, but has in Masters.
*All conclusions mine based on a dubious translation and may or may not have any relation to reality.