RafaLint: October 9th

AP Photo/Itsuo Inouye

Articles:

Photos:

Rafa and footie:
Rafa has signed on to play footie with his pals in Manacor. This is an amateur type league and I think it’s going to be some great stress relief for Rafa. Well, as much as any kind of competition can be a stress relief for someone who hates to lose. Yeah, I know there’s a fear or injury, but apparently he’s willing to take that risk. To me, the idea that he is willing to take on that risk means he really just needs to have some darn fun right now.

Rafa does social media:

• Looks like Rafa and Marc! played some PlayStation while in Tokyo. Rafa told is about it in English and Spanish – and included a different picture with each post. How kind.

You may also like...

1. Bebe says:

thanks, Miri. always awesome to see adorable baby Rafa. he was all cute and humble even then

2. Bebe says:

oh, and i’m with you that Rafa sorely wants some more F U N in his life

3. paige says:

Awwwww, tot Rafa was so cute! Look at those cheeks!

4. Annie says:

That’s so cool that he’s going to play in a local league. Great stress relief and a good way to train and have fun at the same time. This gets a thumbs up from me!

5. Annie says:

When will rafa play in this league? this fall?

6. patzin says:

I think Rafa needs a diversion; playing futbol with friends should be great for him. Let go of tennis from time to time. Sounds like a great idea.

7. Great football vid, Miri, thanks. It’s so nice to see all that old footage for the 1st time. He certainly loved football back then, didn’t he?

• Also, it’s nice to see that some of the experts picked Rafa to win in Shanghai which I think it’s very likely if Rafa has the motivation to do it. Most people had said beforehand anyway that if Murray won Tokyo, then Rafa would win Shanghai, so let’s keep our fingers crossed.

• faeaki says:

Well that would be a consolation Maria! I don’t know, infact they would both have to get to the final first no? it all depends on Rafa and how he is feeling!

8. hummingbird says:

thank u, Miri!

Regarding noodles, I’ve got the same information @ pre & post match event on his SF day. (yes, I was able to be there, finally!)

According to the MC, Rafa ate 5 of them(only “see food noodles”) on the other day.
    Then he also took 9 of them (only “see food noodles”, of course) when he was leaving the stadium after his SF victory!

Last year, he was interested in the BIG CUP NOODLES and tapped it several times with big smile when he found it on ATP sunday.
    This year, seemingly he liked its taste!

JFYI, the taste of cup needles in Japan differs from in the US and the other countries. Miri, you don’t need to try it for experimenting his taste :-)

9. blue says:

Japanese noodles — cup or freshly cooked–YUMYUM!!!

10. sia says:

Was Rafa just trying to get to the airport on time? Is that why he lost the third set so badly? Lol His team had already left as per the ” Trophy ceremony of awkwardness” and were “losing the plane”.

Good luck in Shanghai “Noodle fiend”

Amateur league footie? Rafa’s playing? Where can I find out about his team’s schedule?

• Mindy says:

I was searchng for updates on Rafa and came across this article about Rafa joining an amateur football league. I couldn’t resist!

This is great news for Rafa! I”m excited for him to give tennis some breathing room. I think he will enjoy spending time playing football. Needless to say, he’s winner in whatever he sets his mind to do. I, too, want to find out about his team’s schedule. Wherever he goes, my family, friends, and I will go too. He’s a special person and player and we will always love and support him in whatever decision he makes. Vamos Rafa!

12. JC says:

Great set from globalite!

And in case anyone doubts whether or not Rafa still wants it, check this out:

13. faeaki says:

Wow, f*****g fab photo JC! The thing is with Rafa is that he loves the competition in general, thats what drives him,(or used to), more than the tennis itself!

14. faeaki says:

God his hot as hell in these pics, thanks again JC!

15. GB says:

Not reading any of the articles about the match, as they’re likely to be depressing.

I agree that if he’s willing to risk the injuries, he’s gotten to the point where he’s no longer willing to miss out on life after so many years of blinkered focus. I doopt he’ll get to actually play very often though, with his schedule. Wish it would be televised when he does, I could do with some low-stress Rafa footie as well!

16. marcela says:

Thanks Miri…and here is a mini-blog from Jezebel on spanish thighs :-)

17. Blessed says:

Amateur league footie?! Yes! Great idea and I think a necessary one for Rafa – he’ll be able to get away from the stress of tennis non-stop. Wonder when he’ll be able to play.
    For him it’ll be a great way to relax :) Can I just say I didn’t care whether he won or lost as I just wanted him to rest for that week – ah well.