RafaLint: September 13th
Articles about the final/USO:
- Racquet Reaction by Peter Bodo
- Nadal Is Again Unable to Overcome Djokovic by Jorge Castillo (NY Times)
- The game that crushed Rafael Nadal by Greg Garber (espn.com)
- Mr. One More Ball by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- Djokovic Wins Most Electric Men’s Final in Years by Lindsay Sakraida (NY Mag)
- Djokovic now the best of the best by Richard Deitsch (SI.com)
- Video: Best points, shots of Djokovic-Nadal by Courtney Nguyen (SI.com)
- Djokovic vs. Nadal by the numbers by Courtney Nguyen (SI.com)
- Djokovic vs. Nadal: Breaking It Down by Craig O’Shannessy
- It’s Form, Not Dysfunction, on Final Day by George Vecsey
- Fifty thoughts from the U.S. Open by Jon Wertheim (SI.com)
- A Keen Use of the Wind Aided Djokovic by Geoff MacDonald
- Bodo gives Rafa the MVP award: The 2011 U.S. Open Awards
Other things to read:
- Richard Mille Hosts Exclusive Dinner For Rafael Nadal by Ashley Joy Parker (hauteliving.com)
- Spanish TV coverage of Rafa’s arrival and practice in Cordoba. I don’t know what he’s showing Roig, but I appreciate him doing it.
- DC video – Rafa arriving, guys practicing…Gracias!
- Si no jugara por mi país, no haría el esfuerzo from as.com. From the mangle, it sounds like Rafa is only considering playing so soon after the USO because it’s for his country.
- Pictures from the Spanish DC Team’s Facebook page
- Photos from Rafa’s practice, arrival and The Armada
- Rafa arriving equals bedlam and more bedlam.
- New shoes
- Nice to know Marc! is there too.
Rafa cheers us up via social media:
- Rafa lets us know he’s okay and thanks us for his support: English and Spanish. (Thanks for the “hello everybody guys”, Rafa. It was just what I needed to hear last night.)
John Carlin offers his ideas for motivating Rafa to beat Nole.