RafaLint: September 11th
Before tomorrow’s final, I just want to remind people, this is a pro-Rafa site; it’s not an anti any-other-player site. No matter the outcome tomorrow, no matter how either player conducts himself on the court, this is not the place for hate and passing judgements on the perceived character of others.
Vamos responsibly, my friends.
- Wise Kid by Steve Tignor (tennis.com)
- For the Poet Laureate, the Joy of Tennis Is in the Effort by Geoff MacDonald (NY Times)
- Nadal Holds Off Murray To Set Blockbuster Final via the atp
- Nadal d. Murray: Raquet Reaction by Richard Pagliaro (tennis.com)
- Andy Murray loses to Rafael Nadal in semis by David Ornstein (BBC)
- Murray falls to nemesis Nadal as defending champion sets up US Open final with Djokovic by Malcolm Folley (Daily Mail)
- Ten years later, players at US Open remember 9/11 by Erin Bruehl (usopen.org)
- Rafa gets day off — and he’ll need it by Jane McManus (espn.com)
- Nadal tries to break Djokovic’s control by Douglas Robson (usatoday.com)
- iB3 match report
- Video from a lucky fan who was invited onto Rafa’s practice court to watch him and Feli hit earlier in the tournament. And here’s another short one.
- Match gallery at the US Open site.
- Neil Harman tweeted a photo of Rafa & Benito.
- USO Day 7 photoset on flickr by K. Chae
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa tweeted support to Spanish basketball players Gasol and Fernandez
- Not satisified with that display of support, he also posted a video to Facebook. I think the extra floofiness of the hair is somehow part of his support…somehow….it must be.
- And, a few minutes after I posted this, he added a more serious message of support to the families of the victims of 9/11.