Some lint before I power down this creaky old computer and attempt to hook up my new one. Cross your fingers that I can get all my software installed. It looks like I might have problems getting Eudora working under Windows 7. My life might not be worth living without it. (Stop laughing; I love it and have email archives going back to the 1990s.)
- Rafa: My Story by Rafael Nadal with John Carlin — review by William Skidelsky (The Observer)
- Rafael Nadal faces facts over matters of self-expression via the gardian.co.uk
Today’s recommended read:
- Not Rafa related, but a wonderful read: Holding Court with Joel Drucker: Time Past, Time Present (get a tissue before you read).
There were a lot of these out there, but most were pretty short…much like the match. So, here’s a few.
- Nadal d. Mahut – Raquet Reaction by Richard Pagliaro (tennis.com)
- Nadal coasts into third round as Mahut retires by Clair Maciel (usopen.org)
- Toni talks: Rafael Nadal’s Coach: ‘Djokovic Is Better Than Us’ by Jordan Schultz (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nadal gets locks chopped
- Post Mahut match interview in Spanish
- Practice video from Spanish TV.
- Practice video from fans
- Interview with Toni
- Rafa at Letterman via CelebriGum.
- Match photos from the US Open site.
- Lovely tweet from a proud parent whose child is watching her idol.
- Rafael Nadal: Shirtless at the U.S. Open! via Just Jared
Rafa does social media:
- Rafa posted a photo of himself and Toni having a chat during a practice session.
- Rafa might have some passport issues. Tweet one
Rafael Nadal better win today. Why? Because his passport is at the Chinese embassy.
Applying for visa for Shanghai event, Nadal forgot to take his photo with a white backdrop. Oops…Embassy reopens Tuesday
- The Tennis Monster via the New Yorker
- U.S. Open Point/Counterpoint: Jimmy Connors vs. Rafael Nadal via NY Times