RafaLint: May 16th

Monte-Carlo:

• Viva shared a link to a post Monte-Carlo final interview Rafa did with Le Figaro:here (mangle).

Rome:

Roland Garros:

The new issue of Tennis magazine arrived today…and I liked two of the adverts. Well, one I liked. One I scanned for grins. I mean, Rafa looks like a pouty 4 year old. Kim looks much more fierce.

You may also like...

1. mayayae says:

If I am not mistaken in my reading of the first full paragraph, the interview with Le Figaro took place in Monte Carlo; they are just publishing it now.

2. dingax says:

The tennis mag pic is hilarious. The editor really distorted the proportions in trying to fit all 3 in a page. I want to laugh out loud at the two boys except I am scared Kim will beat me up for laughing at her boys. Thank you Babolat for being too cheap for a center spread.

Too many photos in the restaurant spread. I need directions :)

The Greg Couch article is so cheery and optimistic. It makes me feel less delusional.

The Le Figaro article is interesting. Lot of it is stock answers but the one about going crazy if all you think of is tennis stood out for me. I haven’t heard that one before from him.

Fedal sound like an old married couple who have been through the ups and downs and are now just enjoying the remaining time left together. They are both so nostalgic and protective of each other these days. With time hopefully, Rafa, Nole and Murray will develop that kind of bond.

3. Nana says:

Babolat sold a big poster of all of their players holding their racquets at MC, and the ad here is a small portion of it. I’m kinda regretting that I didn’t fork out that 1 euro. Pouty Rafa’s so cute!

Well, it’s not difficult to spot Rafa. Just look out for the women who have “fuck me” written all over their face. :D

• An says:

True! But can you blaim them? I, most certainly would have that look too :D

• Rafraf says:

Is that Anabel Croft?

• Wooffie says:

Is there any real need for a comment as overtly graphic as that?

One person’s crude is another’s amusing. If you find the tone of someone’s posts to be “overtly graphic”, skip them.

Move along people.

• JK says:

By that logic insulting one player could be amusing to someone else?
          Sorry but these are double standards!

Although they are not mutually exclusive, insulting someone is not the same thing as using graphic language.

This is all off-topic.

When I saw that woman next to Rafa, that was my immediate thought. Not my intention to offend anyone, ever, with my language (it was used in a positive manner). Apologies if I have.

• JK says:

No need to apologise. I often laugh at your comments. But when Rafa is not winning tourneys and you make these comments I get annoyed. I guess it is not personal at all – maybe just me fishing for excuses to get irritated!

Hopefully all that changes once he wins RG.

Then you can make a trip to Paris and do whatever you like with him :)

5. faeaki says:

Hey the babolat photo is hilarious, I want cookies now!

6. Maria says:

Oh, that poor kid! Goes into auto-pilot everytime he’s on an interview. There are so many of them. You kinda know what he’s gonna say before he says it.
    And many thanks Miri for that awesome Toni vid. Priceless!!! Got to love tio Toni.

7. Karen says:

I’ve surprised myself by getting 3 out of 4 of the questions right put to Uncle Toni. Bet there’s not much he can’t remember about Rafa.

Ok, I spotted Rafa of course (in Armani), Maymo, Benito, Mr Armani, Sophia Loren, De Niro, The Pope (???) and Boris. I couldn’t miss the RafaSmile.

Also at the Babolat booth at MC there was a changing room curtain that had pouty Rafa on it. I really, really wanted to buy it, not that it was for sale.

9. L says:

Miri,

Have you got any info about the new Babolat balls for RG? They’re supposed to be smaller, harder and faster, is that similar to US open ones. Also wouldn’t that help Rafa and his spin?

Thanks:)