RG: In the locker room

The official Roland Garros site has a video of the players prepping in the locker room today: here.

1. alhm says:

Not gonna lie, I held my breath a little bit in the part at the end of the vid where Rafa and Toni are walking past freshly victorious!Robin.

Considering some of the movie-script-like stuff that happens to Rafa, I find it odd that he doesn’t get ‘nervious’ all that often.

This clay season has been testing him, though. First Madrid and now this. Unreal.

• tiemyshoe says:

Heh. That was a total movie moment. I could almost hear the bass notes in the soundtrack.

It’s RafaLand, it’s all drama, all the time. He’s had to beat Fed in all of his Slam victories; now that Fed’s gone, he has to beat the one person who’s beaten him at RG. Why can’t this be a lighthearted romantic comedy, oh Screenwriter in the Sky?? *sigh*

Let’s hope Rafa plays his part. Important thing is, he’s done everything possible to be ready for it. I still can scarcely believe that. He’s a-mazing. !!! :)

2. trish says:

Uncle Toni, ever present. Nice to see.

Confirmation that it’s nearing the end of the tournament is when the locker room is feeling empty, and your opponents are in full sight of each other before a match.

Nice of RG to these vids for us. Great seeing what happens in there.

4. nic says:

Wow I find this pretty insightful. They’re all in such close proximity to each other it’s amazing. I kind of forget that. In such close quarters before getting onto court. The magnitude of the moment in there where Soderling is talking to his coach after winning, and Rafa is just passing him on his way out to his SF. Phew. I feel the drama sometimes, but to them, it must be pretty normal. Like Rafa said sometime during this tourney (can’t remember whether it was in his blog or an article), he’ll be speaking to his opponent half an hour before their match but then in the 10 minutes to leading up to it, he’ll be in the zone. So no biggie. I would have thought they would be avoiding each other all day. But not the case at all.

5. johanne says:

OMFG totally fangirling over Tomas in this video – he’s so sexy!! (and Rafa too, of course). I’m a sucker for behind the scenes type stuff:) Thanks for posting this!

Eeeewww… If they’re gonna show skanky feet at least show Rafa’s. Did I nay want Berdych’s feet for breakfast.

*shudders*