RG: Round of 16 photos

Photos from today’s match against Bellucci.

Photos by AP Photo/Michel Spingler, AP Photo/Christophe Ena, BORIS HORVAT/AFP/Getty Images, JACQUES DEMARTHON/AFP/Getty Images, Julian Finney/Getty Images, Clive Brunskill/Getty Images, REUTERS/Thierry Roge, REUTERS/Pascal Rossignol, and REUTERS/Bogdan Cristel

More photos are available on The Official Roland Garros site.

1. Poonam says:

Miri, on RG’s official website there’s a photo of Rafa in which he looks supersonic.. Do you know where I can find it so I can save it?

Thanks for these pics! :)

2. Delta says:

Love Pic #20 and your “caption headings” Miri!! Makes me LOL often as you are always “spot on!” Hey not really “off topic” lol, but wanted to tell you while waiting for appt. w/Surgeon was wearing VAMOS RAFA “T” a man said, “did you watch his match?” no, dumb ass I’m only showing my support for the doll! He was a fan as well and wanted to know where I bought the shirt? I turned my back and he saw NN.com Said he would check it out!

3. An says:

Rafa’s are beautifull….

And *showing us his happiness*, well Rafa, honey, youre welcome to show me some more hapiness evry time!;)

*faints*

• Atch2 says:

That ‘happiness’ point was awesome. I wanted to roar along with him.

• an says:

Oh but i did, didnt you Atch? In fact its the image off that point and his reaction to it that i’m going to keep in mind when i have my surgery later today… So i know its all for being able to play tennis again!

• sia says:

Hope all goes well today An! I want to hear about you playing tennis again soon.
          Please let us know how your surgery goes.

• an says:

ThanX. If its ok with Miri cause i make myself guilty off off topic posting.. But all went verry well, i’m back home already,the torn part off the meniscus is removed and i’m feeling fine.. The recovery can start now and i’m going to work hard to soon be able to play again.. I have such a great example in our Rafa, No?

• sia says:

Yea An, happy to hear was a sucess … I think being in good shape helps with healing. When I had an injury I was told that watching sports was good for my recovery. Believe me I watched lots of tennis! And honestly I really think it helped … inspirational I guess.
              CC will be happy wherever she is as her home boy Söderling just took out Federer. This doesn’t make me so happy but it could move Rafa to the number one position even faster if he can do well here at RG.

• an says:

CC is on Rafa-island for a holiday… Robin did verry well today, he’s playing realy great and he deserved this win for sure!

4. Nana says:

Rafa’s boo-boo on his knees never seems to heal?

At first I thought I read Marc instead of JMac on the “happiness” caption. I was thinking how in the world did Miri get that info from ;p

The smirk is a totally new facial expression!

5. chinkyv says:

How in the hell can he have such sexy eyebrows?? It baffles me! And that roar was un-freaking-believable!! So glad he won and hopefully he will play with more colm in the QF’s and make it all the way. Love the smirk too :-)

• jodiecate says:

Can’t quite see the mystery myself… has sexy hands, sexy calves!!, sexy earlobes, elbows, knees (on top of the EXTREMELY sexy eyes, face, smile, body, butt etc) Eyebrows are just at the same party!!

ALSO, in this batch the photos are taking up a larger proportion of my screen – so no probs with reading titles – much better… YAY!!!