RG: Rainy day distractions

It rained pretty non-stop in Paris this morning so play didn’t get going until late, and Rafa’s match has been removed from the OOP. He’ll probably play his 2nd round match tomorrow. To help fill in the time, I’m passing along two items that Atch2 tweeted to me. First, a video from the Babolat “Play with Rafa and Jo” event:

Posted by BABOLATWorld.

Second, take a look at photos from The Club event that Nike posted to their facebook account: here.

1. Jennifer says:

what a shame….. Rafa have to play continuously two days without break…

F-ck, he’s even hot whilst putting his shoes on…

Heh. And I guess one of the comments is Nike trying to justify Rafa not tying his shoe laces, by saying that the “shoe fits his foot like a glove…”. Pfffttt…Rafa’s too lazy, is what I think. ;)

• Atch2 says:

Were you looking at his shoes or legs CC?

I think Rafa was window shopping there too, with the pointing at that shirt …

3. tiemyshoe says:

His smile at the end is very distracting indeed. Thanks, miri!

4. fay says:

Loving these pics, and that turquoise on Rafa is perrrfect no?

5. Nana says:

I hope rafa does karaoke today to distract us/himself!

6. dutchgirl says:

Do you know the joke about the girl that went to Paris to see Rafa play today? Guess what: she didn’t see him, or most of the other matches :((

I’m in my hotel, having seen that Rafa is on first match tomorrow and I’m heading back home by then. I’m really pissed and got no one to blame…

Rafa simply has to make up for it by winning the trophy!

That. Really. Sucks. Big. ****. (Sorry!)
      I feel for you, dutchgirl!

• Isabelle says:

Wow, sorry dutchgirl, what a huge disappointment!

Oh, that sucks :(

Maybe watching a bit of Moby Dick with Rafa in his hotel room bed would make up for it…? A little bit…? OK, maybe not. ;)

• sia says:

You know I worked on a two part TV Movie of Moby Dick last fall (part of it was shot in Malta), I wonder if he is watching THAT Moby Dick. (and yes there were jokes on set, of every variation, on Moby’s big dick).

• An says:

O: Dutchgirl, this is realy terrible! I so feel for you…

• Atch2 says:

Totally feel for you :( Rafa was suppose to play in my country twice and he cancelled both times.

I’m sure he’ll do his best to win the trophy for you.

• rahul says:

this is so bad for rafa.. I hope he completes his 2nd and 3rd round matches quickly, consecutive matches will have little toll on the body..

I wonder why is it always happening to rafa.. I mean late matches..rain delays.. tough draws..(remember australian open.. he had to play 2 4hr + matches..)

When the going gets tough.. the tough gets going.. vamos rafa

It’s not just happening to Rafa. :) And his next round opponent will be in the same boat (well, let’s hope it doesn’t rain so much they need boats…) as they haven’t played yet either (Hewitt/Istomin). I noticed they are both scheduled to play first tomorrow, so they should come out of this pretty even rest wise (depending on how quickly they win).