RG: Monday practice

Rafa was off-site practicing today. Here’s a video and translation from Inés (who asks that no one put her translation elsewhere without asking her for permission first):

Rafa has practiced today outside the sport facilities of RG in order to can practice two hours instead of just one and do it, too, with more tranquility

Rafa: I am very happy about it (having come with three tournaments), but this is another tournament and all that it has passed it’s gone very, very well and now to try to maintain the level here, as always, it is a very difficult tournament and we’ll see what happen

Talking now about Mina

Rafa: I know little (about him) actually, I was told that he plays good, he serves well, he has a good forehand, but well, young people are always to be considered because they play without pressure, they are lower down (in ranking) and always have a high potential

And iB3’s daily required Rafa video:

1. Holly says:

Thank you Inés!

2. rahul says:

Predictions 6-2,6-1,6-2
    vamos rafa.. for us the tournament starts from today.

3. Viva says:

Rafa’s interview for French TV. It was recorded yesterday around 7 p.m but only broadcast today… You can find it here :

4. Dolcefuga says:

Around the Web links (below) – why is it not working anymore? Thanks.

5. Erin says:

Sorry Miri if you were going to put this up somewhere, but why on earth is Rafa playing on Suzanne Lenglen tomorrow and not Chatrier????????????? They would never ever put Roger on Lenglen! I think it’s a disgrace!!! Sorry…. just wanted to have a little rant. :) VAMOS RAFA, I hope he shows Mina all his moves :D

• An says:

I see it this way: I like to see him play on both Lenglen and Chartier so that, when hopefully later in the tournament he gets to play tougher and tougher opponents, he’s used to both off the courts!
      You never know where they have to schedule him iff the weather is going to change and the scheduling gets more complicated due to raindelays and so…

My point off view and i thin Rafa is a proffesional and i hope ( am almost sure ) he thinks that way too!

6. Fay says:

I heard that Mina has had all sorts of advice from Monfils and other French players about Rafas game and that he must just enjoy himself and go out swinging, I am sure that Rafa is aware of the dangers when playing an up and comin opponent. I have an evening class tommorow so I shan’t get to see him but I hope he plays a good match, not just win but show the rest that he means business, I know he will be nervous so playing on Suzanne Lenglen court might be nice for him and less intimidating than Chatrier, he has always said how big it is.

Luv the acid lime manbag and cap.
    You don’t look so bad either Rafa ;)

8. rubik says:

Inés, thanks a lot for the translation.

Nadal is wearing the new watch on his right wrist in this training/practice/interview video today.

An interesting article posted today on the Forty Deuce site concerning Nadal’s watch, entitled “Any Way You Slice It, That Watch is Sexy as Hell”.

9. Nana says:

Off site and still tons of people! Where do they get the intelligence from??

Thanks Ines for the translation, as always =)