Madrid: QF post match interviews

Via TennisTV: English; Spanish.

Last bit of match and on court interview in Spanish:

Translation from Inés:

Lalo: First, congratulations

Rafa: Thank you very much

Lalo: Yesterday, you told us that the feeling was better than the first day, and today, from the outside, it seems to be better than the second (day)

Rafa: Yes, well, I think I started playing really well the first set, I think that throughout the first set I’ve managed to play with a very high intensity, then the match, in the second set it has become a bit crazy, he has played much more aggressive with his service, trying to shorten the points and it took me a bit but, well, for me to be in the semifinals is a very good news and what I say every day, but I do not want to forget, Thank you all, because for me it’s really a pleasure to play here.

Lalo: And Rafa, solving the match by the fast way. Nico has also done it, it seemed that both of you had rushing today and you (both) are going to find in the semifinals, resting a bit more

Rafa: Well, hurry no, no. Each one does what it can and I do what I can on every point and every match, then there are days that goes better and some worse. Nico is playing at a great level, I think he has not lost a set in all the tournament, he is playing very well, hitting very hard and almost without fails, so , I’ll have to try to play at my best level, I think only like that, I will have a real options to be in the final.

Lalo: The good news is that tomorrow is going to be little better weather because it does not seem Madrid, eh?

Rafa: Hombre, I do not know if it seems Madrid, Mallorca certainly not! (laughing). there is a bit of cold and for us here in the middle is nothing, but for the spectators in the stands, sure is better if the sun comes a bit.

Lalo: Thanks and good luck

Rafa: Thanks

Update: iB3 interview

1. nidserz says:

Aw, I love how smiley and happy he is at the end of the on-court interview. So cute!
    Nico is playing well, so should be good match. Vamos!

2. sia says:

I love that he says “hombre” …

3. Fay says:

God bless you Rafa, he is so so sweet here, good luck tommorow champ, Vamos always!

4. Fay says:

Oh I almost forgot, Thank you Ines for the translation, your contibutions to this site are so so appreciated… god bless you too!x

5. Fay says:

Just watched the English Interview, he looks really hot in that black and red jacket! nice sight for sore eyes, literally, my bed time good night!

I love that jacket on him.

• Atch2 says:

Yeah the jacket’s cool, but the hair is the best.

I agree, I love that jacket. And in the match prep clip he is wearing matching track suit bottoms. So dorky. <3

The hair is hilarious, Atch2. I don't know how he does it. Double <3!!!

• An says:

One more in favour off the jacket!:)

I also love how “colm” and relax he looks… Yes we know its gonna be a tough match against Nico, but somehow i’m not worried to much iff you promise us youre gonna fight and try youre best, i know you always say this but now you sound “colm” saying it…
            Do i make sense?

• Atch2 says:

Rafa arrives with the shorts, puts on the matching tracksuit bottoms during hand/fingers and knee treatments then hits with the grey shorts again?! Dorky cute.

6. gabriel ramalho says:

RAFA!!!!Iam brazilian tennis player…You cant believe how much we love when you play.Thats fantastic .Go CHAMP,you dont try to play your best tennis,you play the perfect tennis.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COME BACK.GOD protect YOU!!!!

Thanks Inés.

Luv seeing Rafa change the direction of the ball bec it’s agressive and in control of the point and shows he’s full of confidence.

Major fail with the second wristband throw Rafa. He was running to correct it. LOL