Madrid: Practice vids

I have no idea what this video is about. I’m in my hotel room in NY trying to sort things out in the dark and not wake up my roommate. But it’s Rafa, Carlos and Feli, so I thought I’d share.

Posted by vamosrafelnadal.

More practice related videos:
From iB3 tv if the embed doesn’t work, here’s a direct link – this might be the same report as the first vid. If so, sorry for the duplicate.

Posted by ReyesVB.

1. SapphireSwell says:

I have no idea what they are saying either, but thank you for posting. Video three gave me the giggles b/c Rafa’s hair is just SO bad. The poor boy needs a shower, but the reporters are holding him up.

• Eliana says:

LMAO! What the hell happened to Rafa’s hair!

Heh, I *flove* the hair like that, awesomely messy and tousled. :D

Those grey shorts are a nice fit, no? Rafa wearing nothing but those would be a sight for sore eyes.

• Ch F says:

His hair looks a mess but it also looks…red ;-)

Good call Miri. Anything featuring Rafa and the Armada is always good, even if we understand 0 of what it’s about. But hope the music fm the first vid didn’t wake your roommate.

Feli always looks good in a suit. Wish Rafa would go shopping with him one day.

Wonder what tips Santana is giving Rafa.

I like seeing all these practice vids of Rafa, knowing he’s able to have a lot of time getting use to the conditions. And I guess the organisers know not to put Rafa on a practice court with blue clay.

• An says:

From what i can make off it : The others are talking about how good Rafa is playing lately and that he is the absolut favourite to win.

3. Fay says:

I don’t understand Spanish but didn’t Rafa say there something like No possiblee and non controlee, maybe I am completely off here but we all know how he doesn’t like playing in altitude.. I remember his D C matches v. Querry and then Roddick, he had a slight injury but he was playing when he got going superbly confident, of course this was the Rafa of 2008, who could hardly put a foot wrong let alone a ball out!!! Getting used to the conditions earlier should help, last year wasn’t he there too practising on an indoor court? but we all know how injured he was already now, so we will see whats gonna happen no?
    Oh and yes, Feli does scrub up well in a suit.. be nice to get some translations here(thanks), still watching Rafa in those grey shorts is always a pleasure! He wore them @ the WTF’s last year too…. fit his bottom vEry nicely!!!!!

• Karen says:

Rafa’s looking strong & fit, & his hair is gorgeous! Just needs one of us to run our fingers through it so we can see his face better.

• Ch F says:

I think he said Madrid is the most difficult of all three tournaments (I’m not sure whether he’s referring to Rome, MC and Madrid or three of the tournaments to come) because of the altitude. He said he wants to play as good as possible and that he’d like to be in the final again. He doesn’t really care who his opponent will be, he only wants to win.

• Fay says:

Thanks Ch F, I would think he means out of the 3 clay couer masters, MC, Rome and Madrid. I hope to see him in the final again and take it this time, but no matches like last years semi please Rafa, stay fit, stay healthy, and happy in time for RG, the most important tourney!

4. Nice to see Rafa training and doing well!!!