Rome: Post quarterfinal interview

Rafa’s post quarterfinal interview is up on TennisTV.com.

But before going to watch, take a guess: Is Rome one of Rafa’s favorite tournaments of the world or not?

Update: And now it’s on YouTube as well.

1. tiemyshoe says:

No way. Rafa clearly has a strict criterion for “favorite” designation that includes the following conditions: 1) it must be a tournament for the sport of tennis; 2) it must be played on the planet earth; and 3) he must’ve won there at some point.

… OH WAIT.

• Atch2 says:

In Thai we have a saying that literally means he has a ‘Sweet Mouth’, meaning that he always has nice, complimentary things to say, about every tournament, every player etc. But to me he always seems sincere, and not like he’s sucking up. And he probably means it too bec he would have great memories of playing and winning there, and everyone treats him well and he has fans in every country to cheer for him.

2. Michelle says:

Ha! I love how he allows himself to have so many favourtest things, it’s better that way. Who says you can only have ONE favourtest thing in the world?! Who? :D

I love how sleepy he looks in the clip, and how he says that his mind boggling April winning streak stretches to 56 consecutive victories is “just a statistic”.

The way he says “Felithiano” never fails to get me. And how he says “Yyyyeah, we are playing very well” just cracks me up. Always so much fun to watch his interviews. :D

Hopefully 2, indeed, Rafa. Hopefully 2. VAMOS!

3. killian says:

“clay is our favorite surfrace. . .” ah, yes it is, dear Raf. Yes it is. !!!VAMOS!!!

4. GB says:

For some reason, I flove hearing him say “Stanislas”…

And the” yeah, we’re playing sooo good” -is too cute!

5. Nada H T says:

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR INTERVIEW:

1- APPLE GREEN SUITS RAFA VERY WELL ;)
    ‘ AS IF THERE IS A COLOR THAT DARE NOT SUIT HIM ;P ‘

2- RAFA IS SO SO CONFIDENT

3- THE WAY RAFA SAYS ‘ YEEAAAAHH ‘

4- One of MY Favorite Tournaments NOT my Favorite But ONE ;)

5- ‘ OUR ‘ FAVORITE ‘SURVAZE ‘ = SURFACE ;*

I hope there will be 2 Spaniards in the finals too Rafa :)

7. Fay says:

Love his “one of my favourite tournaments” not as much as MC ay Rafa! did he not say that MC Was his favourite? love how he always says this, to be kind… and the SurFrace always cracks me up, his pronunciations are do die for, love watching these one on one interviews, he always looks more comfortable than in the big pressers where he is like WTF? I hope to Rafa that you can turn on the heat like yesterday and bring 2 Spaniards in the final.. Gulbis is very confident too no?

8. An says:

Hah Rafa, you understood what he said the 1st time about not loosing a match the whole month off april for years in a row now didn’t you…. you just wanted to hear it another time, you’re smile after him repeating it gave you away! You love it…..
    But verry correct and humble awsner;)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… I’ve probably watched this ten times already. Don’t really know what to say other than Rafa looks gorgeously cuddly and sleepy and scruffy and hot and I just want to roll into bed with him and stay there for the weekend. ;)

• An says:

You said just about evrything there was to say, No?;)

Oh i just wanna add, again Rafa…. i need to sort out that shirt around youre shoulders;)