Rome: 3rd round vids [Updated]

From Inés: on court interview – love all the laughs at the beginning:

Here is her translation:

Congratulations Rafa, I was saying that you are finding every time the better way of perfection, playing in clay. It has been, and we have seen points, super spectaculars

Rafa: Well thank you very much, first, don’t use the formal “you” when you are talking to me (giggling)… … ..

I have very bad habit

Rafa: Well, the truth I think there have been many exciting points, buffff many good points … …it is that I hear my voice and I find very hard to talk

No, easy, little by little, slowly, it will fix the sound issue .. Do you hear better?

Rafa: Yes, I hear you perfect

The precious points, the spectaculars …

Rafa: I’ve played pretty well, the drive has worked well at times and really, compared of how I was training, each time I’m feeling better on the court These conditions of play by night to play by day changes completely, it is much slower and well, that it gives you more time to develop the plays

It asks you a question Tomas Carbonell

Firstly congratulations for the match and second, what differences you find between the court of Rome and the court of MC, there are some important differences or there are very similar?

Rafa: No, there are many differences, here during the day, the ball is much more crazy, the ball bounce a lot more and is more difficult to control it and during the night, the conditions change completely

Rafa you hear me bad, right?

Rafa: It is that when I’m talking , I’m listening to my voice and it’s hard .. , No, no it’s not that I hear bad

It’s that you’re listening to yourself

Rafa: It’s just that when I speak, I hear my voice and I can hardly

Well Rafa, I do not want to bother you, thanks to be with us, live, congratulations also from Galo Blanco who is with us and tomorrow Wawrinka. Only a secret Rafa, did you see yesterday The Barça in the hotel?

Yes, I saw it in the hotel, the truth that the approach of Inter was very slacker and I think that the victory was very unfair

Rafa Thanks and see you tomorrow

Rafa: And one more thing please, I just wanted to give a message of support to the entire family of Tolo, the Majorca climber has died in the Annapurna, things happen and condolences to the family and much encouragement

Thank you Rafa, a hug for you and the Calafat’s family

Rafa: Thanks

Highlights:

1. cro says:

mighty performance, he fired some amazing winners and great winner – unforced errors stats

2. Fay says:

Well he looks great! I have to say, Rafa in full flight is a site to behold… shame I missed this..love the look up to the sky beat after the long ralley finishing at the net and then the smile! love you Rafa, good luck for tommorow..

3. miri says:

Updated to add translation from Inés.

His voice is so sexy it’s distracting him. ;)

4. tiemyshoe says:

Thanks, Ines, for that translation. Snort-laughing at the beginning was classic – and cute, too, that he doesn’t like to be “usted’-ed.

Good to know that Rafa agrees with me about Inter’s anti-football ways. Grrrr.

5. miri says:

Was he hearing himself on a delay? Maybe that’s why it was freaking him out so much.

6. Nada H T says:

Thanks :)

unfortunately, i couldn’t see this match

but now that i saw the vids. i am more than happy :D

Thanks Inés. I can’t open the vid yet and appreciate the translation.

Rafa, as always very thoughtful to send support to the family of the Majorcan climber.

And I’m glad that Rafa has played both during the day and night, so he’s used to both conditions.

Can you write the sentence when he says “a hug for you”? It’s always hard to catch.

8. cookie says:

Even in the midst of joyous excitement moments after his spectacular win over Victor Hanescu, he carefully remembers the loss of Tolo Calafat, the Mallorcan mountain climber who succumbed on the peaks of the Himalayas yesterday. Aside from all else wonderful, Rafa is an unbelievably thoughtful, perceptive, well-balanced, and totally kind man. <3

Ines, thank you so much for the translation!

9. Nana says:

How can u not love this guy?

Love all the gesticulating, the snorts, the laughs, the troubled face when hearing himself in the head!

One of the commentators looks a bit like Miguel Angel.

Heh. It’s fine Rafa, they’re just headphones, they’re not dangerous. And it’s just yourself you’re hearing. He’s such as sweetie… :D

• Atch2 says:

You almost want to rub his arms, and hug him to reassure him that everythings ok. You’re not hearing things Rafa.

Luv the smiles, laughs and hands. So Rafadorable.

Thanks again Inés for the translation. Maybe I can shout ‘un abrazo para ti’ to Rafa if I ever see him.

11. Nana says:

Btw, the audio is such that we can understand how he felt!

12. Inés says:

here you can see the same interview, but only Rafa in the images and only his words, funny to see

13. Fay says:

Yeah I agree, just watching him speak, he is so lovely…